Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. In the near future I am going to order an 04 CC D/A. I was wondering what you guys thought about leather v. cloth. I know for a fact you can get a leather bench in the CC because my dealer had one a little while ago. Let me know what you guys prefer??

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the cc leather bench and love it! Very comfortable and easy to clean. Buckets are even more comfy but I still prefer the bench. Leather can get a little sticky in 115 degree weather. Im in vegas and it hasnt been all that bad though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response. Nice that I can still be cruising around here and my post is replied to. I really like the look of the leather bench. I wouldn't mind the buckets, except it isn't very comfortable for someone to slide over close to you with a console in the middle.
How long have you had your rig?? I am really curious how the leather will hold up when we get 75,100,125K on it.Edited by: bowtiebob

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have the leather bench in the cc and wouldn't have anything else. With a wife, 4 kids, a dog, and 51,000 miles it's holding up well.... orange juice and soda cleans up easier with leather than cloth

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blinky and bybycop, is your back seat leather too or just "premium vinyl"?

·
Registered
405 Posts
The truck came with cloth seats, I had the leather installed by the dealer once the truck arrived. Back when I purchased the truck, they were very hard to find with leather........

The factory "leather" on the CC is actually leather on the "sitting" surfaces (where your b$tt goes) and "simulated leather" (vinyl) on all others.......

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blinky, hey, thanks for the info. I assume you mean both front and back "b^tt sitting" surfaces are leather. This is kinda exciting to be in on the early days of the "next Dmax forum".

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
AHEM,

Sorry guys...........leather like vinyl on rear seats of crew cab and extended cabs. Printed very small in the brochure.

I personally went thru the same decision when ordering my 02 crew cab. Ultimately decided against the leather

Cloth is cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter IMHO and the wear I believe is as good as leather. I have 3 kids and a dog as well.

Another consideration is no heated seats in the SLE-GMC or LS-Chevys with the leather option as well as the split bench. Heated leather is SLT/LT's only.

Be very careful when ordering if you do or when buying off the lot.

Custom leather is available from many custom shops.

GMC

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have liked the warmers, but already knew I wouldn't be getting them. If ya need to stay warm, just pull the blonde closer to ya!!
Seriously though, I really hope the leather holds up. My truck that has 120K has the cloth, and with a good cleaning still looks new. My mon's 'burban has leather, and the front seat is all cracked and worn from climbing in and out.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Actually in the Crew Cab there is real leather in the back seat. In the Extended cab it is leather like. You can tell by a good close look.

I have always owned leather and would never get cloth. Especially with heated leather, hard to beat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the CC with leather buckets w/ memory. Originally I wanted the bench for the same reasons mentioned. Plus, the bench does tend to save a little money. Nevertheless, when getting a D/A CC, the upgrade didn't really make that much difference in the monthly payment - especially at 0%! A few things you might want to consider...

- Can the bench seat be heated? For me, I can't park the beast in the garage. So, I expect to use that feature in the winter.

- We have kids and love the rear radio/CD feature in the center console. I expect this feature is not available with bench.

- I have to move my front seats up some to completely fold down the rear seats. With buckets, I can fold down just part of the rear, move up the passenger seat, and leave mine back. Not a big issue, but something to consider.

Regardless of what you get, I'm sure you'll like it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't mind the heaters, infact I would probably enjoy them, as from about mid-Octover to mid-March the truck would be a little cool when I get in. However, if I have leather seats, 6 disc CD changer, and heated-seats I'll never be able to bring myself to actually use it like a truck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cloth man myself. Cooler in summer, warmer in winter, and you don't slide all over on them. Hmmm, do see the advantages there (sliding that is) for that significant other on the other end of the bench. On the other hand, when you've been married for 36 years to the same women, you're glad to have that console in there to separate yours/hers spaces!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately, I think I will probably end up going cloth. It just seems a little more cozy feeling than the leather. Also, I worry about the leather getting scratches/cuts in it, while the cloth might be more durable. Who knows....... It just seems to me that leather would be harder to keep looking nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts