Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I plugged in my engine coolant heater and I heard a buzz sound for just a split second, then it was fine. Well, I left it plugged in for the night. The next morning I lifted the hood and felt the heater, it was dead cold. Do you guys think it could of fried for some reason when I plugged it in? Edited by: Chevy_Power

·
Registered
540 Posts
The connections at the heater??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the connections and they appear to be ok, I think it's something worse

·
Registered
294 Posts
Take a resistance reading across the terminals of the hearter itself. If it shows an open it is dead. If it shows resistance connect the wire and check for resistance at the plug. If open the wire is bad. If you see resistance at the conector try pluging it in again you may have just had a bad connection along the line that your testing reseated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I pluged in the electrical cord, then dissconnected the one from the heater, tested it, and no juice is even getting to the heater. I tried to trace the electrical cord to the heater, but underneath the truck, the cord goes up inbetween the motor where I cant see. Then some how is transfered into the two little wires. I dont know what converts the wire to the two little ones, what ever it is, it may be bad. Any suggestions?

ThanksEdited by: Chevy_Power

·
Registered
120 Posts
are you using "GFI" outlets? my block heater trips a GFI outlet everytime.

i have to use a standard source.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it's a standard outlet and is in good working condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts