Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time posting... although I've been trading hours of sleep for a while now reading through countless posts on this site. So thanks for all the great tips and education.

I had an interesting experience at the dealer the other day and hadn't seen anything posted on it yet. I dropped my truck off for some minor issues and was told that they would be replacing my fuel filter for free... a "gift" from GM that was intended to remind people the importance of replacing the fuel filter every 15k miles. I just rolled 20k on my 2004 LB7 but with 2 babies in the past 15mo, I hadn't got around to changing it myself, which I otherwise take care of myself. Not a good excuse, but my only one. :)

Anyone else have this experience at the dealer recently?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks... not sure how I missed that looooong thread in my search.:confused:

Answers my question, and then some!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like they did it 'cause they knew they had to. The only thing free of charge is a dead battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep... funny thing is that he made it sound like it came out of the goodness of GM's heart.

I never did get a recall, or any kind of notice for that matter. Thanks to dieselplace.com I'll be keeping up a lot more on things like this. And, of course, adding some mods to my otherwise stock truck.):h

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I got a letter today telling me that I have yet to have mine exchanged and they were extending the offer until 9-2006. This is on my 03, I maybe put 20 miles a month on that truck so maybe in September they will just give it to me for future use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.