Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is a really newbie question, but my friend has a frankenstein trans in his duramax, and idk what it is? what parts does it consist of? bc if i remember correctly, he said it is basically a mix and match of the best parts from the best transmissions, can someone help me?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Mike L. is the creator of the Frankenstien.

Call him at Inglewood Transmissions.

310-674-4400

He takes sheep in trade for transmission rebuilding.

T:eek: NY

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
ok, this is a really newbie question, but my friend has a frankenstein trans in his duramax, and idk what it is? what parts does it consist of? bc if i remember correctly, he said it is basically a mix and match of the best parts from the best transmissions, can someone help me?
Ask your friend if he had Mike L. do the trans. If not it's not a Mike L. Frankenstein unless Mike instructed someone else on what to do.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
I do not share Franky info. It was developed to keep the LLY Ally alive. It did its job. Now that Suncoast has their converter control valve there really is no reason for the Franky unless you are hard core. I use mods from it in my rebuilds because I believe the longevity is greatly increased. What I do today is different than what I did a couple of months ago. This is fun. :D
mike

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I do not share Franky info. It was developed to keep the LLY Ally alive. It did its job. Now that Suncoast has their converter control valve there really is no reason for the Franky unless you are hard core. I use mods from it in my rebuilds because I believe the longevity is greatly increased. What I do today is different than what I did a couple of months ago. This is fun. :D
mike
We might have to talk about that control valve one of these days.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Outa curiousity.....you Know Jeremy Moss? Mike L had a little bit of help getting his truck on the road IIRC;)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
What I do today is different than what I did a couple of months ago. This is fun. :D
mike
so are you saying you know longer take sheep in on trade? is this month hogs? cuz i got access to those.:lol:

not that i really know alot about the sheep joke.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeremy's truck is the one i was talking about. when i finally get a truck, i will for sure be hitting you guys up for info a little bit more! but im just wanting to find out as much as i can now!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Jeremy has an Al-ienator Trans built by JakeGMCHD. It is not a Mike L. trans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts