Diesel Place banner

would you build it if your options were stay home or having camping?

• hell no that's red kneck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hold my beer while I weld it

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • stay at home every weekend and perform honey do list

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • find a new hobby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been wanting a toy Hauler for my suburban well since before I had the suburban. The problem being the cost of living in so-cal is soul crushingly high. So the priority has been buying a house..... more importantly saving 3 years worth of income to put down on a house. So when I found the suburban as an awesome family 4x4 alternative to a gas guzzling 5mpg 454 3/4 ton the hunt was on. Then came the budget and I found that there was no point to hunting for a trailer for a few years. Well my buddy found the camper in the first pick. As a joke we bought it for $300 without the pit bike. Well it was great for camping and had the atvs in buddy's truck. Then we decide it's time for a hillbilly toy hauler :grd: Soooo here are the pics of the amusing joke build that turned out to be much more fun than you'd think tows great and is my every weekend escape from LA. Soo the first few pics are the add I bought it from, then the finished project pics. The how it did b/w start to finish next

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7'×6-1/4' deck plate added now
. .

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It can fit 2 raptor 700 or 660 quads side by side OR 1 kfx400 quad and a klx400 dirtbike. I have the 3500 watt generator that runs all lights and ac like a dream that goes great with all the gas appliances that work great also. We even had a father daughter concert with my friend dan and his daughter inside the camper escaping the heat see the video link below

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The oven had never been used before lol we got allot of enjoyment out of that little feature

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,156 Posts
Let's see more pics of the inside. Nice find and good work

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
That setup really ought to cut down on trailer sway.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really really does cutout on the sway all that added weight on the tongue it tows like a dream. It now comes in at 23 feet and being single axle it can be turned round a dime forward or backed into a space easily

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

.well the pics suck but the camper is storage for all my camping gear being tables, bedding, easy up flood lights helmets chairs ect. But it is good shape has a shower & toilet in bathroom the stove a/c heat furnace all work

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Queen bed in the front pull out couch to full bed on the side twin bed bunk holds storage totes full of gear but it is sooo much nicer than sleeping on the dirt or in my hammock when the skeeter come out

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My most common bikes to sit on the franken-deck aka hillbilly toy hauler also the raptor 660 it likes to carry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts