Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone know where I can get some of that waxy undercoating that came on our trucks? I have some rust spots on my crossmembers I would like to get something on before I have bigger problems.

dan

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Look in my signature.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hoot,

I tried calling them and they don't sell to individuals. They refer you to a distributor which in my case had no idea what it was. I finally gave up as all the people they said to call about it, didn't know anything about it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I bought 4 individual spray cans of Nox Rust X-121B (OEM black wax coating) from Automotive Marketing advantage (818)-780-7600 last summer (8/03). At that time they were selling a minimum of 2 cans for $12.00 + shipping.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Figures now that I no longer live in LA
. Was there a problem shipping it? I know sometimes they get kinda iffy with aersol cans.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think that stuff at carwashwarehouse is the same wax coating (Nox Rust X-121B). All I saw there was regular rubber undercoat.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Here is a link to what I think is there homepage.

http://www.amadist.com/

They list the above link as their online sales site. Maybe they just don't sell that stuff online.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll have to give them a call and see if they do sell it online. If not I still have a few friends that live in Burbank so maybe he could go to the store and get it and send it to me too.

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just used the regular old 3M rubberized undercoating that comes in the rattle cans. Seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Try Wurth Hi-build undercoating, It comes out of a can smoother than most spray guns and it dries hard. So far I've done the bumpers, grill, door handles, rims, and even the factory decal on my beater Toyota. It looks sick. My GMC and my GSXR 750 are getting the same black out treatment as soon as the weather breaks. Try it once, you'll thank me. WURTH USA

·
Registered
152 Posts
I never heard of that stuff before. I do like the look of the smooth factory stuff so I will take a look at that WWW page.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've heard of POR before and they made good stuff. Still would like to find the factory stuff in a spray can if possible.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you have a Camping World around you they sell some stuff called slide out dry lube that dries exactly like the stock stuff, though it is brownish. I have recovered the fuel filter area and it holds up good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts