Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the Fram Sure-Drain valve? I bought one and never installed it, it looks to be of good quality and a neat design. It also has a cap in case something happens it will not drain your oil all over the road. It also does not stick out like the Fumoto. The only reason I haven't put one on is you loose the magnetic plug, which seems to do a good job picking up junk in the pan.

http://www.autobarn.net/frasdseries.html

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have one as well. It does drain slow but the guy in the pit does other things while it is draining.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I will agree the Fram Sure Drain is way slow. Have one on my jeep, its coming off next oil change. Fumoto is a little faster, but just a little. If you buy a Fumoto, get one with the nipple for attachment of a drain hose.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one on my 2002 Chevrolet Duramax Diesel. It works very well, yes it is a little slow but it is worth keeping the garage floor clean and dry. Have you ever tryed the Fram PH9100 Oil Filter with the Grip on the end it also works great.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Dustin,
I used to use Fram filters for whatever I couldn't get a Mobil ones for. Take A look at Mdrags pics of the filters he cut open, I was pretty surprised at the inside of the Fram. I run Baldwin filters now, if I remember right, he cut one of those as well. A lot of vendors here sell them, so they're easy to get a hold of. You may even find them locally.

Ox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts