Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a little surging over the last year or so, I think my FPRV could use the shim mod, but I haven't wanted to tackle it yet. But my mileage hasn't been awesome lately, could a bad FPRV have an effect on mileage?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, could bad injectors or out-of-whack balance rates also hurt mileage?

·
Registered
368 Posts
For $10 and about 45 minutes of your time it's worth a shot. If you're bored try the ice pick fix on injectors 2 and 7 too.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
# 2 &#7 Injector harnesses were replaced a few years ago.

I may try the FPRV this weekend.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Also, could bad injectors or out-of-whack balance rates also hurt mileage?
Yep, they most definitely can. I had a couple plugged injectors that once I replaced my mileage went up significantly.

Not sure if an FPRV would effect the mileage, usually if its bad it will cause low rail pressure and put you in limp mode under hard acceleration. But it is a cheap thing to do just for piece of mind.

The surging tends to be more of a FPR symptom then the FPRV.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have had a little surging over the last year or so, I think my FPRV could use the shim mod, but I haven't wanted to tackle it yet. But my mileage hasn't been awesome lately, could a bad FPRV have an effect on mileage?
X2 on what oldblue said. Pretty darn sure fprv will not impact mileage. Surging + poor mileage screams injectors. If I were a bettin man I'd throw 20 on that before anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.