Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i found a Dash Mounted Turbo BOOST Controller. adjust the boost by a turn of a knob. they also have a fuel controler with a turn of a knob. has any one seen this? have one? and does it work for those that have one? and how does it work?

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,350 Posts
is it from "duramax.bizhosting.com?

If it its then don't buy it. That guys a total scammer. He got the nick name "steaksauce" here because his "company" with no phone # and the postal address of a drop box, is "A-1 Customs"

He builds the parts out of his basement and has been banned from every diesel board out there, including this one.

I believe Kennedy has something similar to a dash mount controller. If you buy and adjustable boost controller buy Kennedy's, as Steakys is junk(like all his "products")

This is Kennedy's product.
Its not adjustable from in the cab.

This is Steaky's product
I wouldn't buy from steaky as he's just out to steal your money.

Steaky's biggest thing is stealing other peoples ideas, then saying he came up with them. You can see how similar the two setups are, and that they both plug into the MAP sensor.

EDIT: wow, seems Steaky can't even pay for his site so i can't link to a picture of his setup. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yea it is. i dont really care for the boost controller. thats why im making a tm. but the adjustablity of fuel would be cool. cause i like the idea of rollin coal. my truck does a liitle but not enough thats why i wouldnt mind having a cummins. like when someone is driving slow or somthing i want to pass them and givem a reason to drive slow. (just an example)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
i dont really care for the boost controller. thats why im making a tm. but the adjustablity of fuel would be cool. cause i like the idea of rollin coal. my truck does a liitle but not enough thats why i wouldnt mind having a cummins. like when someone is driving slow or somthing i want to pass them and givem a reason to drive slow. (just an example)
Yup, it's Steaky. His fuel controller is pure BS. All it does is change the PMD resistor value. Have to re-start to get the new value in the computer's knowledge anyways, not to mention there's just a massive difference between #1 and #9.:rolleyes:

·
14,350 Posts
Steaky's fuel controller is a total joke. It cannot be done. The resistor value will only change upon restart. You cannot change the resistor value on the fly. What he(steaky) fails to see is that it just doesn't work that way. The difference between a #1 and a #9 isn't huge either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what r the power gains with kennedy's chip? and what all does it do? the websight doesnt say much

·
14,350 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
so what r the power gains with kennedy's chip? and what all does it do? the websight doesnt say much
The chip does the same as all the other bazillion chips out there. His boost fooler makes the computer "see" less boost than there is so it dumps boost later.

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
its not even a chip...it's just a resistor...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sorry i ment to put the Performance Calibrated ECM. from kennedy.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
im sorry i ment to put the Performance Calibrated ECM. from kennedy.
The chip does the same as all the other bazillion chips out there. His boost fooler makes the computer "see" less boost than there is so it dumps boost later.
The reason you won't really find too much on power gains from him is he doesn't give them. He simply states that there is too much varience in trucks to say there will be "X" amount gain in horsepower and "Y" amount of gain in torque.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
you are better off buying your performance gains from an advertising member here. reason being if they sold crap the word would spread like wildfire. heaths is one vendor i highly recommend. his customer service is simply put outstanding. and his ecm programming is awesome. Ed

·
Registered
399 Posts
X2!!! on heath the customer support great

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,825 Posts
Just FYI, Kennedy is an advertiser like Heath.

Once in a while, he posts and there are some post from him recently.

There are a few that has his Chips and they like it, you can search or contact him directly instead of asking from people who does not have it. His website does not put any HP claims.

The boost fooler is the same like the homemade that a lot of people did with 10K Potentiometer. Except KD package it in an enclosed neat box.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The KB boost fooler works. I used one and it increased my boost and decreased my EGTs.
He sells good stuff and doesn't pull any punches.

Jake
No wastegate, no boost fooler, no excuses!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts