Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2004 Chevy 2500HD LS automatic 4x4 extended cab long bed with 73k miles, electronic shift 4 wheel drive, tan cloth interior. Here's a link to the ad http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html?x_dealer_id=AAAnQ&vinNum=1GCHK29264E388342

I talked them down to $22,500. It pulls to the right a little and the right front tire is worn more than the left front. Also, the emergency brake feels soft and it doesn't return to the top unless you pull it with your foot. They have agreed to have those issues fixed before I buy it if I do. The VIN check I had done came back as follows: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132141

Would the injector pump and injector replacement be a cause for concern?

Anyway, the truck is very nice, spotless other than the normal wear on the interior from getting in and out. The bed is scratchless and it has the tow package, but doesn't look like it has ever towed anything (it has no reciever hitch and no ball on the bumper). So do you think this is a good deal?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Dont worry about the injectors, this is a common problem and is covered by the factory warranty until 200,000miles or 5years. $22500 is a great deal as is, but if he is getting the brake fixed and an alignment, that is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
racinmike77;1566175; said:
Sounds like a great deal. Dont worry about the injectors, this is a common problem and is covered by the factory warranty until 200,000miles or 5years. $22500 is a great deal as is, but if he is getting the brake fixed and an alignment, that is icing on the cake.
Did they finally up the injector warranty with the 04's? :cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Odd that it doesn't have the hitch on it...the price could possibly be jewed with a little more due to the options it has and the high milage for a 2004. The injector pump is still under warranty to 100,000 miles or 5 years. The body looks to be in good shape...looks like you found a pretty decent truck. It has the 2nd generation duramax, the LLY version(you can spot this on the 8th digit of the VIN, if a 1 it's a LB7, 2 for LLY and D for LBZ). Ask them what happened to the reciever if it has the tow package. Good luck!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah...on the injectors it is a 200,000 mile warranty...slipped my mind, usually injectors 2 and 7 seem to be the problem childs of the bunch.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me, the e-brake probably needs adjustment. It is a drum style with brake shoes that are inside the rear rotors. Prone to wear from rust build up, not from actual use unless the previous owner wasnt releasing it all the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, I thought it was kinda weird that it doesn't have a hitch also, but it definitely has the tow package. Maybe the previous owner took it off? As long as the Carfax report comes back okay, I'll probably be buying it tomorrow or monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts