Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!:eek:
Why hasn`t the aftermarket thought of this yet?
The new tailgate on the superduties with the built in pull out step.
If there`s something like this out there for our GM trucks help me point my browser to their page because thats a very practical item I could use thanks
l8r bb

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Have you seen one in person there not very well made. It would coat big $$$ to make one for a GM. IIRC Cabalas sell a step that will bolt on to the top of a tailgate and fold down.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just reading February 07' Trailer Life and they do a review of the Ford 2008 F-450 ....has factory T.temp / Boost / EGT / Brake Controler / 19" wheels / power extend & fold away towing mirrors and tows 24,500lbs with a 14,500 GVW.

Max CGVW is 33,000lbs, and max payload is 6,120lbs

They loaded a 20,000lb 5th and test drove the truck including an up & down a 6-7 percent long grade, the new 6.4 twin turbo accelerated briskly with this extreme load, and at worst slowed to 41 mph @2859rpm / third gear.

Available with new 6.4L twin turbo Diesel / 5.4L V8 / or 6.8L V10

This TL issue also tests the new 2007 Toyota Tundra which has the most power, biggest brakes and highest towing capacity for any half-ton
pickup....

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
It's still a Furd:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks dozerboy for the tip. not as wide as the new ferd step but for 40 bucks not bad. anybody try one yet?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a google search for a tailgate fold-up step and found this:
www.tailgatebuddy.net
Did not find a price but if its not too pricey it looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
isn't amp makeing a fold away tailgate step for the trucks

·
Registered
3,137 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
wow, that electric step looks pretty cool, probably very pricey!
Don't like the ladder fold down one.
JCW.com sales one for around $40 I think that swings down back off the tailgate, not off the side like that ladder does.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
have you looked at the ford tailgate??:thumbsdow

I would hate to sit on it with that god-aweful thing on there. I believe if i need a step to get in and out of the bed, i will get a minivan..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a response today from the tailgatebudy about the price. 219.00 bucks.
I was hopeing it would be less but not bad considering its all alloy and 2 or 3 steps + a handle as opposed to 1 for the 40 buck unit from cabelas.
Still looking for other options iif anyone has some post em

·
Registered
428 Posts
I second SSDURAMAX, the handle on the tailgate is awful. I have pics just haven't uploaded them. It sticks up about 1-1.5". It's not practical for someone who uses their truck. And for toyota ext. cabs have horrible leg room. They got these big brakes, big motor, HUGE hitch and still have small leaf springs. I almost want to say that nissan has the next nicest interior to GM. Their seats are softer than ferd ,dodge and toyota but I'll still keep my Gm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts