Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sine you all were talking about military surplus and such, check out this link. It is military surplus site and anyone can bid. :) Usually can always find 6.2 engines in various needs of repair, however, never know what you might find. I do see the blazer 6.2 on here now and then.

http://www.govliquidation.com

Semper Fi from the batcave

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sweet link man. I wish I lived closer to some of the bases selling the CUCVs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the auctions sites have contracters for shipping, just an idea. Would be listed on the details page for each item.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The engines come in 540 lb crates. That's pushing 1200 lbs of metal to move per engine - and they usually ship by the lb. It's usually worth watching for a listing close to where you live and bidding on it. I'll be making the 400 mile drive to Huntsville to pick up 2 more engines in another week or so (the paperwork takes a little time). For $60/engine - it's worth the drive...

·
Registered
255 Posts
DieselBurps;1591232; said:
The engines come in 540 lb crates. That's pushing 1200 lbs of metal to move per engine - and they usually ship by the lb. It's usually worth watching for a listing close to where you live and bidding on it. I'll be making the 400 mile drive to Huntsville to pick up 2 more engines in another week or so (the paperwork takes a little time). For $60/engine - it's worth the drive...
DieselBurps,

I'm curious to know what was the condition of the engines you have previously picked up. Must not have been too bad if you're getting more and I'm guessing that at 400 miles, you probably didn't preview them.

Peyton

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anybody know what the real condition of these engines are? It says they're missing parts (and I think that's why they have the status code they have) but what do they look like?

·
Registered
130 Posts
from what i have heard, when you buy them crated like that and they are "missing parts" it is usually something quick they needed to scavenge for another motor (GPs, IP, GP timer, injector(s), headers.) imagine buying a good low miles 6.2 long block, simply missing the injectors for 60.00. i would be sooooooo down for that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts