Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What an excellent day we had at fontana today. No wind, high 60s, and no rain. I noticed at the beginning of the day, that the track was prepped excellent. I brought my trailer this time, and got second in line in the area before tech. It was great having the trailer. Adam was scanning data on his laptop with EFI live, and everyone else was analyzing time slips. We ended up getting finished with four runs by 12:30, so we ended up doing six. We had lunch, talked smack, and used the roof deck on the trailer to take pictures
What a great day, the track was prepped, we ran great, and are bests were as following:
Me:
60':2.03
1/8:[email protected]
1/4:[email protected], almost in the 12s

Doug:
1/4:[email protected]

Adam:

JD Diesel:

Maury(aka sickpuppy)
1/4:[email protected]??

Doug and JD were doing grudge races the entire time. Adam and JD ended up heading out at our 4th run. Overall, we had an excellent time

Attachments

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Sounds like a good time! Last time was brutal.

How did the truck run?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
wow you got another 2 in:D ohh well

nce to see you made the 100 mph club :grd: should have been down here Greg

i was done for the day as i left my power cable for my laptop at home 100 miles away:banghead: :banghead:

i did manage to lay down [email protected] 94.5 with my concoction of EFI LIVE in both the tranny and engine...... im going to see how close i can get to 13.XX on a stock tranny
:muahaha:
oo yeah all four pass were down with a non boosted launch and 60' were in the low 2.4X range all day..... dam gov locker:mad: i could not get a 2 wheel burn out and my right tire would spin of the line all the time

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Congrats to all :ro)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
McRat;1585160; said:
Sounds like a good time! Last time was brutal.

How did the truck run?
Truck ran great, with the new tune. Wish you were there.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
how about the anounce ribbing the ricer that fried the clutch and took him almost 60sec to get down the track

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, the grudge races between the blue blown camaro, and the silver non-blown one. That was mid 10s. They were always neck and neck.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Nice times

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Great day !! :d

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey fyi the guy with the red 56 who we thought blew the motor at the finnish line.He blew off the oil filter,long story short he got a ride to a auto parts store and got another filter and was back on the road again with no engine damage.:cool2:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
sickpuppy;1585413; said:
hey fyi the guy with the red 56 who we thought blew the motor at the finnish line.He blew off the oil filter,long story short he got a ride to a auto parts store and got another filter and was back on the road again with no engine damage.:cool2:
talk about a scare:eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
ooh heck yeah.there was no way for him to shut off the motor and stop the oil before it got all out.

·
Registered
348 Posts
;) You all really missed a great day at the track. Conditions where great, track great, company was fabulas. I my self was pleased with what I did. Worst time R/T.570 15.254 / 86.73mph. Best time...R/T.209 15.358/87.40mph. Still sleeping at the light you know??? :D Had a ball there can't wait to do it again. Bodysufer thanks for the great races. Dieselson and Dad Thanks for the great snacks JD:D

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
This red one ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Bodysurfer;1585986; said:
This red one ;)
Nice car, I'm glad he did'nt blow it up.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dad's 60' was 2.03. He launched at 5psi pretty violently. On the 5th run, it launched, got air, and snatched and grabbed the CV joint. He was bouncing around like crazy at the start, and shooting smoke out, then I saw the smoke stop, and that is when My heart dropped, the 5th, extra run did it.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Dieselson;1586197; said:
Dad's 60' was 2.03. He launched at 5psi pretty violently. On the 5th run, it launched, got air, and snatched and grabbed the CV joint. He was bouncing around like crazy at the start, and shooting smoke out, then I saw the smoke stop, and that is when My heart dropped, the 5th, extra run did it.

i broke too man fried the C2 pack and still netted a 14.55 @ 94.83....hey can i round that to 95 mph :D i mean its only .17 mph off:rolleyes:

next time its going to bigger better faster:eek: chasen 13's

·
Registered
161 Posts
yeah doug that be the one.very nice car.looks like a frame up restoration.I can appreciate the fact that he dont baby it he races it.:cool_shad

·
Registered
46 Posts
13.27 is very impressive with that lift! Congrats!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.