Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove down to UNI today. I met with the President of Uni. He looked at my filter and then called a tech type guy. I told them both about the dirt/sand in my intake tube. They looked at the filter and both said " then dirt would be on the back of the filter. They cut the filter in half and looked at the middle layer. They both said dirt would have to be there as well.

I had put an oem (paper filter) in my truck after cleaning the dirt/sand from the intake. I drove to the desert this weekend and took my truck off road. I purposely drove in soft "TALC LIKE" sand/dirt. This stuff got in every crack of my truck ( a great test for an air filter).

All of us went out to my truck and pulled the paper (OEM) filter and looked into the intake tube. BAM no dirt, no sand, no powder no NUTHIN!

The UNI people said they dont understand how it can be leaking dirt.

For the NAYSAYERS.......

The tube was CLEAN before the UNI install. The UNI was installed correctly! The UNI was BRAND NEW WITH NEW FACTORY OIL!

It appears the paper does was its supposed to, which is keeping dirt out of the engine. And it appears ( at least in my case) that the UNI doesnt.

The UNI factory (from my phone camera)------>

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well?

Was there dirt on the back, or the middle layer of the Uni?

What was the final outcome? Did they reimburse you for the filter?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh sorry. They will examine the filter and call me wed afternoon. I left with no info.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow, now THAT is the way to resolve an issue! Go to the manufacturer and say "here, look!" Hopefully UNI follows up with 'the rest of the story'.
Thank you for taking the time to do so. Excellent!
George Morrison

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the President of the Co. told me he would call me today. I called because he didnt. Now they tell me he is gone for the day.

SO

I guess he is NOT a man of his word. So much for Uni air filters.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Wow, yur a Slick nickel. You go right at it. Bet that President will be gone for a couple days

·
Registered
403 Posts
PC, keep us abreast of developments on this, we all want to hear more on this.

I'm still running the OEM, 03 has only 12k, been on dirt road only once, and it was damp from an earlier rain. The little filter indicator hasn't moved from when truck was new.

I've been thinking of an amsoil foam unit. They changed their design a few months ago and its supposed to be a better unit. They are selling out the old stock and replacing with the new as they sell the old ones , so I'm waiting till I need one before I order. I do want, however, to leave a little life in the oem so that when it's time to clean and reoil the foam unit I'll have something to run while filter air dries and the the reoil soaks in.

Again keep us informed, you're in a unique position, living close to their factory and all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If they take care of the problem please let us know.

If the company stands behind their product I need to edit my prior posts, if not they'll remain there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts