Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the Fold-a-Cover? It's offered as an accessory through GM, as well as direct from the manufacturer - but, aside from a quick website presentation of how it works, I can't find out anything about how it's built (---strength?) My other problem with a hard cover of this type is that I want to be able to carry a generator that is about 22.5" tall and my bed height is 19". I've thought about building a spacer to raise the cover off of the bedrails 4" or so - but I don't want to go any further with this until I know more about the quality/construction of the Fold-a-Cover.

Thanks,

Cracker

Edited by: Cracker

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cracker said:
Has anyone had any experience with the Fold-a-Cover? It's offered as an accessory through GM, as well as direct from the manufacturer - but, aside from a quick website presentation of how it works, I can't find out anything about how it's built (---strength?) My other problem with a hard cover of this type is that I want to be able to carry a generator that is about 22.5" tall and my bed height is 19". I've thought about building a spacer to raise the cover off of the bedrails 4" or so - but I don't want to go any further with this until I know more about the quality/construction of the Fold-a-Cover.

Thanks,

Cracker

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bradbub said:
Cracker said:

Sorry will try again. I have a Fold a Cover and love it. It does an awesome job of sealing the bed. Your generator will be a problem unless you do what you talked about. The cover is made really well in my opinion.

Thanks,

Cracker

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had a fold a cover for two years and love it. No cover will meet every need but. I can walk on mine and take it off within 5 minutes (4 screws) & it is water proof, if installed and adjusted properly. I am taking it off my 2002 to install it on my new 2004 that I will pick up Monday. It would be nice to have another 3 to 4 inches hight, so let us know how you accomplish that and post a Picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.