Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I am looking for the foil pad that is stuck to the side in the engine compartment in front of the air intake.

Where can you get these?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I do'nt know where you can get that particular peice, but you can go to a car audio place and get the sound deadening stuff..its foil on one side and very sticky rubber on the other, basically the same thing.

edit...oh yeah, its called Dynamat. I have it throughout my car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Briano !!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do'nt know where you can get that particular peice, but you can go to a car audio place and get the sound deadening stuff..its foil on one side and very sticky rubber on the other, basically the same thing.

edit...oh yeah, its called Dynamat. I have it throughout my car.
Are car audio places the only place to get this stuff? I could use some for my ride.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
car audio places= expensive
ebay= cheap
you can find double the amount for the same price or just pay a little for a few square feet

·
Registered
292 Posts
Get "Dynamat Extreme" Or Get "Accumat" Doing a double layer on your entire floor and doing the doors would make the inside of the car deadsilent almost from road noise and are loud *** diesel.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again Guys.....

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
true, you can get this on Ebay for cheaper, but if you are impatient like I am I just went to Circuit City or Best Buy and bought some the same day. Your choice.

good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Briano,

That sounds better and a whole lot easer....

·
Registered
72 Posts
true, you can get this on Ebay for cheaper, but if you are impatient like I am I just went to Circuit City or Best Buy and bought some the same day. Your choice.

good luck
I'm in no rush to get it, so Ebay is what I'm looking at. Did you search for "Dynamat Extreme"? Or is there a better "word" to find this product on Ebay?

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
If buying 50 lbs of it, as in a comprehensive sound deadening treatment, Ebay can't be beat.

A very cheap alternative, not quite the resonance reduction, is peel,n seal. It is a construction material that can be bought in some home improvement and construction places. But pound for pound (dampening is all about density), the price of dynamat is hard to beat, and it will never have an adhesion problem.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm in no rush to get it, so Ebay is what I'm looking at. Did you search for "Dynamat Extreme"? Or is there a better "word" to find this product on Ebay?
dynamat is over rated and over priced and you ccan get twice as much of another brand for the same price and it is 80 or 90 mill just do a search on ebay for sound killer or something like that

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
it is 80 or 90 mill just do a search on ebay for sound killer or something like that
please demonstrate. I find no such product.

I will say I hate spending money as much as the next guy, the extreme is the only single layer material I will use now. Because my time is worth money also. Ive tried many. For DIY, the labor to do an interior dwarfs the cost of the product, and it is good stuff, especially applying in the cold.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
do a search on ebay for dynamat and a lot of other products like dynamat will come up but it is like fatman and b-quite but they sell it with a dynamat roller so it comes up also

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
I am familiar with all the dampeners. I have never seen one with more weight and thickness than xtreme. But more importantly, the visco-elastic properties that constitute a great vibration dampener (noise reduction) are wonderful, and beautifully adhesive. It is like very sticky lead sheet.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i used to have a link of some stuff that was 80-90 mill but i cant find it now

·
Banned
569 Posts
Yes dynamat extreme. I have used sevaral different variations in dampening technology. I like this the best. My truck is 50 lbs haevier, but quieter than the wifes expedition.
KB,

I assume you applied this to the inside of your doors and/or floor. As far as the doors, did you put this directly on the inside of the door sheet metal, or did you put it against the frame on the inside of the door (i.e., against the inside of the outside panel, or between the inside of the door frame and the removeable inside door panel)? Hope this makes sense!

If you did both doors and floor, which did you find most effective for noise dampening? Any words of wisdom for applying this stuff?

Thanks,

Joseph

1 - 20 of 29 Posts