Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED TO REPLACE MY FACTORY FOG LIGHTS ON MY 03 GMC BECAUSE THEY STAY CRACKED FROM HEAT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE STEALER REPLACES THEM FOR ME. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY PICS OF DIFFERANT LIGHTS ON A GMC OR KNOW WHAT KIND WILL WORK WITHOUT A MELT DOWN....

·
Registered
463 Posts
rickles04 said:
I NEED TO REPLACE MY FACTORY FOG LIGHTS ON MY 03 GMC BECAUSE THEY STAY CRACKED FROM HEAT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE STEALER REPLACES THEM FOR ME. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY PICS OF DIFFERANT LIGHTS ON A GMC OR KNOW WHAT KIND WILL WORK WITHOUT A MELT DOWN....

I went with a Piaa air dam and Piaa 520-SMR fogs.

Far superior to the stockers...You can actually see the road in the fog and rain!

Kevin

·
Banned
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you now if they make them for gmc?

·
Registered
228 Posts
rickles04 said:

Check out Sylvania's Xenarc H.I.D. foglights! They're a little more to install than halogen but boy they look great coming down the road. Not to mention that they have a better quality of light!

·
Registered
663 Posts
dieselbulldog said:
what is the highest wattage you can run safely off of the stock switch? 100 w kc daylights to much?
Not sure about the 01s and 02's but on the 03's the dash fog light switch is a momentary-on control input to the BCM. The BCM in turn controls the Fog Lights by supplying a ground to the Fog light relay located in the under hood fuse box. Check the size of the fuse in series with Fog light relay contacts. This will determine the total power…. i.e. a 10 amp fuse would be 10amps x 14V or 140 watts (worse case). I also seem to remember that the OEM fog lights are 55 watts.

Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
747 Posts
jbplock said:
dieselbulldog said:
what is the highest wattage you can run safely off of the stock switch? 100 w kc daylights to much?
Not sure about the 01s and 02's but on the 03's the dash fog light switch is a momentary-on control input to the BCM. The BCM in turn controls the Fog Lights by supplying a ground to the Fog light relay located in the under hood fuse box. Check the size of the fuse in series with Fog light relay contacts. This will determine the total power…. i.e. a 10 amp fuse would be 10amps x 14V or 140 watts (worse case). I also seem to remember that the OEM fog lights are 55 watts.

IIRC, the OEM fog/driving lights are ~41W. I can't remember for sure, but I think 55 is a little high.

·
Registered
663 Posts
flhrciblueice,

Your memory is much better than mine ..
I just pulled one of the fog light bulbs on my 03 and they are marked 42watts.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't know about "replacing" the stock fogs, but I do know "adding" 2 KC's @ 130W each up front, and then an additional 5 KC's @ 130W each on the roof works really well!! I do quite a bit of night driving and in the wee hours of the morning these bad boys make night into day!!

A little blurry, but you get the idea!

Edited by: Zorganov

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
thanks now I need sun screen!!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
LOL, funny you should mention that, my girlfriend said she'd never need to spend money on a tanning bed again, she'd just stand in front of the truck.

Cheers

-Zorganov

1 - 13 of 13 Posts