Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 03 silverado didnt come with the lamps in the lower front bumper. does anyone know if gm has an addon kit? and if so, do they work well.? was looking at hella, but figured if they were built in ,maybe theyd look better. as long as theyre functional..thanks for your replies, bob

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don't know about a GM add-on kit but know Mackin put a really sharp looking aftermarket set on his truck .... might be worth a PM to him for info ... Jim

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had my dealer install the lamps at my first service. I think with the install it was $200. Money well spent. I wish I had cut the plastic holes out though, I would have done a better job and ended up tourching the ruff sawn edge smooth. They wanted to sell me a new lower plastic piece with the cut outs already in it but I told the tech to do the best he could so I really can't complain. They do work, now I see the deer on the edge of the road

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

·
Registered
408 Posts
did anyone find out were mavkin got his lights?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm pretty sure he has the PIAA lights with replacement air dam.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Bob, I know you and I have talked about it already, But I have the OEM fog light kits available. See my Price page in my sig. This is the oem stuff and all is included

Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Eric

has there been any upgrades to the Chevy fog's? My 00 had them and they were disappointing to say the least. I love Mackins setup but they seem only available for the GMC's. Than again with the new body style doesn't seem like much is 'official for the 03's just yet'.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Hey guess I should have checked this thread out ....

My setup is all Piaa .... Cost 150 ish for the dam and 250 ish for the lights ...

I got everthing from 4wheelparts.com .... They are only ,that I know of for Chevrolets not GMC trucks...I'm not sure of any changes in the current year trucks ....

Goodmark Industries also has some decent airdams too ...

Mac

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bob, I know you and I have talked about it already, But I have the OEM fog light kits available. See my Price page in my sig. This is the oem stuff and all is included

Eric

Eric, does your kit include the on/off button for the cab? I guess what I'm asking is will it be just like it came stock with the truck? Also, how much work is involved?

Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
83 Posts
I noticed that the 2500 bulbs are #880-27w and 3500 are 893-37.5w.

Anyone tried the 893 Xenon inthe 2500 and noticed any difference??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts