Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fog light GM kit, PN 88960627 I got from Eric. I am trying to wire it up. The directions say to put the fog lamp terminal into position A3 on the BEC connector. The problem is, A3 already has two wires piggy-backed on that position! What do I do? HELP!

The terminal block I am looking at is the most forward and outboard one in the BEC as it sits in the vehicle. The block is directly under the fog lamp relay, but it doesn't seem like the A3 pin is in line with the fog lamp relay. Does anyone know which leg of the relay I need to connect to?Edited by: Kartattack

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional info.

I was directed to http://gmdieseltech.com/foglight1.htm for installation help. Unfortunately, A3 is as I described, still already populated. Their example is on the right of this picture while my terminal block is on the left.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
According the diagram for your truck, that is the R/turn signal supply voltage circuit. What circuit does your wire need to go into?

I just noticed the instructions on Dieseltech.com are for 99-02.Edited by: GMCSID

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GMCSID:

I wish I knew! It doesn't give a name of the discrete, just the terminal position.

Here is the BEC with the fog light relay position outlined.

Here is the relay supplied with the kit.

It looks like I should pull off of pin 30 on the relay.

BTW, the center pin where the relay fits in the BEC does not have a corresponding lead, it's just an empty hole.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I am looking at the schematic and the wire from the foglights to the the underhood fuse block on an 03 goes to pin D6 on connector C4. C4 is the same green connector that the install instructions use. Sorry about that being wrong. I have not encountered that before. I will have to make a note to that in the store.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric:

Is D6 the one by my thumb (the one with two purple wires in it already!)?

Edited by: Kartattack

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
That looks right. D6 is supposed to have 2 purple wires coming out of it that go to the fog lamps themselves. See if you can find where those purple wires terminate. They might already be down in the bumper. If not I guess you will have to remove those purple wires or splice and run them down to the bumper yourself.

If you can't read this, save it to file then open it with a viewer and it should be proper size.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks to you both, Eric and MP. BTW Max Power, the high idle works, SWEET! It's supposed to rain most of the week, so it will be this weekend before I get to it. My poor truck sits outside (too big for the tiny garage).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Like a dope that I an I didn't order fog lamps in my truck. I want to install factory fog lamps if I can. 2004 3500 Can it be done?? and is there a kit?? part number please Also would like a service repair manual part number please

Thank you

Leatherman Edited by: Leatherman

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks for the help on here..i ran into the same problem on my 04,went to d6 and the fog lamps work fine,didn't even have to go to the dealer for the reprogram,turned them on and they work fine..

thanks to the search button and you guys helping out,my blood pressure is alright now..

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric and Max Power:

Thanks for your help on this. I finally got around to finishing this up today and D6 was the ticket. Mine also didn't need reprogramming.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok...so what is the final decision? Does the fog lamp wire go into d6 or a3?

I am doing the install on a 2003 3500. I ordered the fog light kit from eric.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D6 on my '03.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks Kartattck....I did put it in the d6 but had to remove the 2 purples wires that were in there. So when I was all done the lights didn't work...is it true that I have to go to a dealer and asked them to program them?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I removed the two purple wires and installed the lead from the kit. Mine recognized the lights right away.

I suggest you double check all connections and remove/ reinsert the relay to ensure good contact. If they still don't work, I would say a trip to the dealer is in order. They can reprogram the BCM to recognize the lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts