Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flywheel question:
I have a 93 1 ton single wheel with a blown 6.5L in it. I bought a 6.2 that I was putting in there with the top end off of my 6.5. My 6.5L has the nv4500 on it and a dual mass flywheel. I would like to switch to a solid flywheel because I already have a new clutch set for a solid flywheel. Could anybody suggest a solid flywheel that I could use that they know would work?

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Flywheel question:
I have a 93 1 ton single wheel with a blown 6.5L in it. I bought a 6.2 that I was putting in there with the top end off of my 6.5. My 6.5L has the nv4500 on it and a dual mass flywheel. I would like to switch to a solid flywheel because I already have a new clutch set for a solid flywheel. Could anybody suggest a solid flywheel that I could use that they know would work?
Look on the RockAuto website. They are showing solid flywheels for the 6.2L: 1986 CHEVROLET K20 PICKUP 6.2L 379cid V8 DIESEL Flywheel | RockAuto

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You OkDually

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Make sure to use a NV4500/6.5 clutch! Running an SM465/6.2 clutch will make it rattle at idle.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure to use a NV4500/6.5 clutch! Running an SM465/6.2 clutch will make it rattle at idle.
Thanks Man that’s what I have is a nv4500 and 6.5 clutch but mine rattled a little too but I had that dual mass flywheel and it has springs in it that I thought was rattling!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Yup. you just gotta get the 6.5 single mass flywheel clutch. It was a party learning that the hard way.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 6 of 6 Posts