Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I stoped at the Flyin J at the Hubbard exit on I 80 to get fuel. It was ULSD, not at the big truck pumps at the gas pumps there are a couple of fuel pumps there. The DIC said that I had used about 17.3 gal and I gave my buddy a 50 to pre pay. So he goes inside and gives it to the lady and my pump turns on. I pumped all $50 worth the price was $2.41 and I had pumped 20.668 gal. That is over 3.25 gal more than what the DIC said. I know the thing is not deadly accurate but it has never been off that much before. About two gal is the norm when it shuts off and I then fill it to the neck. This time it didn't shut off at all, once it reached about $46 it started to slow down. Has anyone else ever stopped there and got fuel and noticed that they pumped more fuel than they feel that they had used? I don't know if I got screwed or what. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!-:t

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I get fuel there all the time when I go to Hubbard for dog trials. I always use the RV pumps, never noticed the pumps being off though. They might have one that is out of calibration though, did you happen to notice the weight and measure inspection sticker? There could be an error with the pump, did you make them aware of the differences?

·
Banned
70 Posts
Your DIC must have went into LIMP mode!! :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I would vote for your DIC being wrong, not the pump, although anything's possible.

·
Banned
525 Posts
I will stop at that that Flying J tomorrow and since you mention it, I will get a 6 gallon fuel tank and fill it up to see. Which pump did you use, so I use the same one?

I have filled up there about 100 times over the past 3 years and I have never had a problem like that, but pumping slow like that always lets the bubbles escape faster than the fuel goes in. I always use my credit card so it never shuts off before the fuel come up the neck and then I ususally put in about 3 more gallons, but I have a long bed with a 34 gallon tank plus the neck hold almost 2 gallons.

I have mobile broadband so I will post before I pull out of the parking lot tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
CAPTDASH;1595909; said:
Your DIC must have went into LIMP mode!! :eek: :eek:

:funnypost It is most likely your DIC. Mine is always wrong.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
With your banks 6 gun the dic will be wrong. The higher level you run and the harder you push it the worse it will likely be off.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
eggsack;1595940; said:
but I have a long bed with a 34 gallon tank plus the neck hold almost 2 gallons.
You must have one heck of a long neck. I have a long box and there is no way it holds 2 gallons. Maybe a 1/2 a gallon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max Power;1596831; said:
With your banks 6 gun the dic will be wrong. The higher level you run and the harder you push it the worse it will likely be off.

Why would it be off? What causes it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It manipulates the fuel signal and your DIC won't accurately know how much fuel you are using. It vary a lot from tank to tank depending on driving style, load and what rpm you run at. My evo has made my DIC off 3 gallons. My Quad on the 135 setting would tell me I was getting 38 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My DIC is always wrong when it comes to gallons used. It always says less than what I actually put in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
:iamwithst

1 - 12 of 12 Posts