Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of fluid do you rec for my zf? or additive? I pulled a trailer for 1300 miles and the trans sounded a little louder than normal.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I run Amsoil TorqueDrive in my trans. Works great and is allot cheaper than the GM- Castrol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much is the Amsoil? The GM stuff is $23 per quart! Even at the reduced price of $17 per quart that my local dealer gave me it was more than I've ever spent on trans fluid...

Jason S.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
BattleMax;1605218; said:
I run Amsoil TorqueDrive in my trans. Works great and is allot cheaper than the GM- Castrol.
Hey; I am gonna be using that soon also. I have been using other Amsoil products for quite a while and I may end up being one of their dealers in a while. They make so very interesting products.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I forget the price, but I think it was around $30-$40 a gal. I use Amsoil in all my vehicles and I believe its the best oil money can buy. Do a search on Amsoil and find their web page, there’s tons of information.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't know how far you are from Indianna, but there is a place in Elkart that I bought a five gallon bucket of Castrol Transynd (ZF recommended fluid and Allison recommended fluid) for about $8 per quart. I think it was ~$165 for the bucket. That's a couple tranny changes and enough to do the transfer case as well. I couldn't take the $16-$25 per quart at the dealership either... The place is called Yoder Oil. They will deliver large quantities and they will UPS buckets. They sell any quantity from small pails to cases to tankers full and have tons of different products (lubricants, coolants, etc.) as they are an oil/fuel distributor. Check out their website for kicks... I forget the address but if you search Yoder Oil it will pop up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts