Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 4" flowmaster Exhaust? My supplier rep stopped in today and he had one on his Duramax. It sounded good to me. Not much difference at idle or cruising speed but still a good rap outside. I don't have much to compare it to unfortunately.

The best part was the price. I can get a really good deal on the system.

I would sure like to hear any feedback.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
mike tomac has a flowmaster muffler.....other than that one I have seen none......I have a banks 4"

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you buy just the banks 4" without all the extra crap? My supplier says no but I am not sure they know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By crap I mean the stinger pacakage or whatever it is called.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

yes direct from banks ask about their scratch and dent specials.......if I did not have the banks when I discovered kennedy I would have a kennedy 4 into 5

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
great site bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Still tossing around the flowmaster idea.

sdaver, Sopranos fan?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Max Power - I have the Flowmaster muffler like Mike Tomac.. Made a good 200 degree difference to my EGTs and it sounds real nice.. A little drone early in the RPM range - but get it on the motorway and you don't really notice too much. Stomp on it and it sounds sweet..
- Can't speak for the full system, but I've had flowmaster mufflers on just about every car I've had and I've yet to have a problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 3.5 inch inlet/outlet on the stock exhaust with no cat. Made a noticable difference in temp and the sound is really no louder inside. Local shop installed for $179 including cost of muffler. Did not tell the wife or kids that I had it put on and nobody has said anything about a noise difference inside or outside the truck. It does have a nice rap when you kick it hard
...not that i would do that kind of thing as it might be slightly against the law
. Edited by: SC-DMAX

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
major sopranos fan

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to know that I am not the only one
I have all 4 seasons on DVD as I am sure you do too. I have probably watched them 4 or 5 times total
Can't get enough! Counting the days until season 5!

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
The Flowmaster muffler in the 4" system is a different series muffler than the 3.5" replacement muffler for the stock exhaust. It is shorter and may be louder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys

I had a flowmaster on my truck, it was the 4'' muffler, with the 4'' to 3.5'' inlet and outlet reducers. The muffler is loud. So loud that I went with 4" magnaflow muffler instead. It has a nicer sound and I recommend it over the flowmaster any day.

If you have a muscle car get the flowmaster. Just my opinion not fact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Max Power,

You can buy the Banks 4 in monster exhaust from truckperformance.com for a good price. It is just the exhaust and not the stinger kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts