Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had any exp with flow pro mufflers local muff shop has advised me to go with them I have truck in sig and don't want a lot of noise in the cab. But want some extra flow. I've opened up the intake and after the exhaust is done whatever I put on I will install a westers power tune.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I had one on my 99 Tahoe several years ago. The thing fell apart within 3000 miles. At first, it was a cheap alternative to Flowmaster. Its NOT the same sound and it wont last. I started to spring leaks all over the bottom of it.

In short, I hated it and swapped for a Magnaflow. I have been sold on Magnaflow ever since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got dual flowpros on my 02 2500HD 6L. They have about 50k miles and no leaks or rust. I have full 3" duals, stock converters, and the flo pros. Instead of putting big chrome tips on them and shooting them out the back, I had them tucked up under the corners and pointed down/back so they are hidden. I do get alot of reverb back into the cab. I don't know if it is from the mufflers or from the way I have it tucked and hidden.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm running their dual 3" inlet and single 3" outlet on my 6.0. I didn't want anything too loud. It has a little rumble at indle and when you get into it. There is slight resonance around 70-75mph but isn't too bad at all.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You might want to look into a magnaflow system. A better quality setup, IMO. I have always had Flowmaster 40 or 50 Series on my gassers, but they are noisey, especially the Super 40's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts