Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the 2-ton, all-alum., quick jack that Kragen sells? It looks just like the one that Sears has only $50 less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
the sears jack is junk it didnt last me one year and now they wont replace it so now im trying to find something else im thinking of getting at least a 2.5 ton mimimum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,412 Posts
freewayrandy;1599151; said:
Does anyone have any experience with the 2-ton, all-alum., quick jack that Kragen sells? It looks just like the one that Sears has only $50 less.
If you are planning to use this jack to service your Duramax diesel truck, you should look at a minimum 3-TON capacity. these truck are HEAVY. My truck's front end weighs 4,000 lbs (2-Ton) empty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
save the money and go to napa and get the 3.5 ton floor jack, youll thank yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, Guys. Current jack is a 2 1/4 ton, has done well but getting old and does not have the 'quick pump' feature I would like. Was really concerned that 2-ton would be enough, would be used under my '73 'Vette also and the quick pump would make life a bit easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Just picked up a Craftsman professional 4-ton with quick raise...definetly stout enough for the HD...and was on sale for $89.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,157 Posts
I bought a NAPA Professional 3 1/2 ton / 7000lb jack a couple years ago....works perfect.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,363 Posts
Sorry, but I can't imagine myself crawling under something being held up by aluminum (and jack stands too, of course).

Yeah, my 3 ton jack is heavy, but its got wheels......
 

·
Gone but not forgotten member
Joined
·
11,313 Posts
8.1GASSER;1604893; said:
Just picked up a Craftsman professional 4-ton with quick raise...definetly stout enough for the HD...and was on sale for $89.
Do you have a P/N ?
PEEKOK, how much was that NAPA jack ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
i broke a sear's jack and a harbor freight jack trying to pick up my d-max. and im bummed my d-max is too tall to fit in my home shop on my lift........ iv been using bottel jack's to change my tires they are cheap and do the job well.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten member
Joined
·
11,313 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
MAX4X4;1614699; said:
I bought a NAPA Professional 3 1/2 ton / 7000lb jack a couple years ago....works perfect.




Had one of those a while back, it would creep down 100% of the time. :mad: Lived with it that way for quite some time. Mentioned it to them, they looked it up, said there's 8 months left on the warranty. Gave me a brand new jack, no questions asked. Bought another one from them since.:) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,157 Posts
Mine has been great. The only thing that has happened was it would pump up to about 3/4. I filled with more fluid and that solved that:)
Anyway, it's been really good like you say!


TrailerproPop;1641905; said:
Had one of those a while back, it would creep down 100% of the time. :mad: Lived with it that way for quite some time. Mentioned it to them, they looked it up, said there's 8 months left on the warranty. Gave me a brand new jack, no questions asked. Bought another one from them since.:) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,129 Posts
Go to Sam's Club for their 3.5 ton quickie racing jack--I think it was $69.I've lifted the rear of my '88 chevy V30 dump truck with that.It's a real heavy jack,made in China like everything else,but so far{year and a half} it's been good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting. May have to find a member and tag along and go look at one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,129 Posts
Looked at mine yesterday--Rousch Racing jack. Sam's sometimes will not have the identical item next time you go in,but it usually will be similiar.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top