Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
fuel filter and fuel lines.

·
Registered
923 Posts
TheBac;1569597; said:
fuel filter and fuel lines.
I agree, your turning over, make sure your getting fuel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think im getting power to my fuel pump,I primed the filter but no fire.Is there any way to jump the pump?Also the engine light stays on while cranking,I was told it whould shut off while u turn it over.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Did you flip it back over?:angel:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You may have to just pump it more. Flipping it could cause more air than you think.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i agree with mvnvltn, keep priming the filter. also check all fuses. do a visual check of anything that might have been damaged when you rolled. now you might as well tell us what happened. wil

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
did any of the engine comp get wet? If you got crud on some of your sensors, like your MAF that wil give you tons of trouble aswell. There is no pump on your truck it pulls fuel with vacum. (other than on your filter)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
are you able to scan codes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
engine was out of the water but fuse box has a little bit of dirt in it . fuses seem to be all good. any way to power bleed the fuel? what about the ecm? fuel line goes through it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Have you checked the filter to see if your getting prime?

·
Registered
552 Posts
This maybe a sour topic but got any picks? I know how it feels I rolled my yota and is took forever to get things going again. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
its not going to pump fuel. the system uses vacum. now you need to pump it more.:banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
there is not in tank pump I am pretty sure. your fuel pump is inside the injection pump. it is a pump that sucks it up from the tank, and into the high pressure portion of the pump. if you disconnect the fuel line, and crank it, you won't get anything. just prime it using the filter priming pump until you feel fuel. then about 15 more pumps. if you do this, and still don't get fuel, you have an engine control problem.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts