Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is brutal! Good choice with Curtis, he is a great guy and very knowledgeable. The best thing is he has a bunch of his own parts that are from what I have been told even by unbiased sources are much better than others.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Oh hell no!!!!!

Brutal that places still pull that ****!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sounds like the reluctor wheel pin might have bent and put the engine out of time. Curtis figures this is when things went bad. The crank was broke for quite some time as I suspected, it was worn smooth he said. The new engine will have everything keyed to not let this happen again. Just thought I'd share the problem..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
After doing some research and general BSin sounds like there is a few cranks breaking out there.. What is yours guys take on this and what have you heard? Btw had a delay just got my engine to Lacombe today as Curtis was ill for a week or so..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, got a few miles on the new mill, had some boost leaks that I had to chase down. I decided to go with Danville tuning as I bought his turbo and Cp3. Have about 5000km on it but still have a few quirks to iron out.. I installed a banks cooler with the Afe boost tube and the bigger Cp3.. Still haven't found a egt that I'm happy with after what I had before. My boost is lower than I had with stock lmm turbo, so gonna call Mark now that I have the boost leaks fixed and see what's up.. I was hoping I have the same hp and with all the upgrades drop about 200 degrees.. I'll keep you all informed as to what happens, if you have any ideas shoot them out.. Btw the hp is supposed to stay the same at 600..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Long time but a quick update.. Had to ditch the Danville turbo. Bought a brand new stock for the primary from Alamo. Not like I didnt ask Danville.. Told then exactly what I was doing and the application. Just no good at bottom end for towing high EGT's. Probably fine on a single turbo setup not twins. So big waste of money and tuning. Eng was burning oil lots. Curtis made good heads came off and he replaced seals. Only 1000 km. Hope this is the end.. Btw 3 injectors failed after rebuild on heads.. Not sure Wtf happened.. Just a heads up if you have twins.. If your gonna alter them id say no.. Just purchase bigger ones lol...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts