Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECM went out on my 03 lb7. Daily driver so I was in need, and had the dealer replace to get it back on the road quick like. $1500 bucks. Was able to score a used one super cheap, and I want to load my EFI Live tunes on that one, and keep the factory new one on the closet shelf in case I ever need it. Would rather ruin a cheap used one than an expensive new one if anything ever went wrong. But the EFI Live was tied to my old ECM that bit the dust.

So I think that I have to write ATP and have them unlink my autocal. Right or wrong? After that, confused as to what my next steps are. I could upload the stock file from the new unit, which was loaded a few weeks ago so should be the latest and greatest. But what next? Install the used ECM and.......? Do I do the key relearn, and then just overwrite with the ATP tunes? Not sure what steps I should take when dealing with a used ECM, or what order to make them. :confuzeld Could use a little guidance here. Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
You could just send it in to SoCal Diesel. Guy Tripp can fix them and load the tunes back up on it as well. I think he charged me 120.00 bucks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts