Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 GMC 2500 HD with about 1500 miles on it. At night with the headlights on it does its own "flash to pass" with the bright lights. Sometimes it flashes fast, sometimes it comes on and stays on, sometimes it flashes slow, and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. It seems to be getting worse and I fear it may be hard for the dealer to find with it being so intermittent. Have you had any experience with this type of problem before? I keep having people pull over in front of me thinking I'm flagging them down. I was really just hoping to have a better diagnosis before I even call the dealer.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
are you doing anything when it does it or does it just do it on its own? If you are using the switch when it acts up, its possible that the switch contacts could be goofy.. I havent run into this before so I dont have much stored knowledge on this one..

Eric

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it on its own. The switch was my first thought, but it would seem you could make it do it by playing with the switch, I can't. I took it to the dealer yesterday and of course it wouldn't do it for them and I do understand that they can't fix what isn't broke. The service manager said he would contact GM and see if they have had any other related problems. Its just REALLY frustrating. I have a new $45k truck that I can't drive after dark!

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to reply to mine and all the other posts. You are a huge asset to this forum!Edited by: NVRENUF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts