Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so i have a chance to get an 86 chevy k30 single wheel with a 6.2 detroit in it. it was a registered military vehicle. i was wondering if it would be worth the 3500 for it, idk much about those engines and i also have a 30 minute commute to work through the mountains every day. can y’all help me out with this? thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
$3500 is reasonable, any pictures? Condition? Really can’t go wrong with a square body. Parts are readily available and a square body easy truck to work on. And with the diesel you should get decent mileage for a truck.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
It may or not be worth it cause it depends on over all condition of drive line, body and IP

If it’s a real M1008 it has a 60&14B, th400, 4.56 gears. Heavyish, no OD, low gears and ride ruff.

Can you live with no ac, slowish and a tough as nails truck that will recurve your spine but get you anywhere ...??

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
I wouldnt buy a military version for a dd because the interior is usually shot crack windows and such no ac. A silverado 10 or 20 can be had for that or less and be nicer. Most are not woth much money.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Depends on location and condition. In today market I would be tempted to pay 3500 for an old CUCV. M1008 was pretty stripper. M1028 had a locker and LSD. 6.2 is pretty solid, but slow. Don't expect to beat a Tercel in a light to light drag race. But you'll get 17-18MPG most of the time.

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,741 Posts
Wonder if he bought it? CUVC's bring top dollar here in the northeast

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Probably not since he only dropped 1 post....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts