Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all, never ever did this before, but I warn you, it can be very addicting because it's sooo much fun. Anyhow the DHRA was at Union Grove today. $30 and just keep lining up.

Anyhow my first run was really bad. I didn't launch in 4x4 but did do a boost launch. A lot of smoke from the tires. As you can see, I don't have the G80 Locker either.

Time 21.970 speed 74.83. I got spanked bad. I was also on the 65hp setting.

Second run, much better. 4x4 launch, no boost just hammer down on green results:

1/8th 10.217 @ 72.83 1/4 15.750 @ 88.63

Also cranked up to the 85hp setting.

3rd and final run. 120hp setting. scared the crap out me. A GMC D-max 3 trucks ahead did a full throttle boost launch. Made it around 20 feet before his tie rod snapped. Made me a little nervous about my 40k truck. I also sent my tranny into limp mode just beyond the end of the 1/4. Never did that before, but because of all the reading I've done here, wasn't too nervous. SES light cleared on the way home. Also had my friend in cab with me for the final run.

results 1/8th 10.150 @ 73.41, 1/4 15.663 @ 86.37

Not great numbers i know, but hey first time jitters.

Fastest numbers I heard was a Dodge cummins. 12.9 @ 106 if I remember correctly.

Reaction time seems to make huge difference as well. Mine were not good. Started at 1.397, then 1.002, then to .906. Perfect is supposed to be .440.

Ran into Maverick as well. Nice guy, didn't get to check out his truck though, couldn't find him when I was leaving. Oh well see you in MI I hope.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Made it back to Wausau. 11:19 pm.

Fasted truck was that reg cab long box Dodge from Ohio. 12.92 @ 106.xx

Fasted Dmax was a nice black 03 GMC. Ran low 13's at 99.xx mph. Can't remember everyones times. Its in the right lane.

Heres a good pic of you Victory Red. I think this was your 120 tune.

Here is one of the runs you won.

More pics here.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mav,

Next time I go there, I'll have to take you. The pictures I got from my friend weren't nearly as good. Then again, he was sitting in the top of the stands. If you could, e-mail the ones you have of me to [email protected]. Don't worry I've got broadband, can't accept large photo sizes

·
Registered
704 Posts
You probably only limped it because the Allison didn't have enough time to learn the new power. Next time you go, put it in the 120 mode a couple of days before, and report back if it gave you any trouble at the track.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Victory....you got mail.

I was up in the grandstand also. My digital camera has a 10X optical zoom which takes a much clearer pic than a digital zoom.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maverick,

Thanks for the mail. Yeah, my digicam only has 3x zoom 6x(digital). It was a fathers day gift right before my son was born 15months ago. So since it was a freebie, I'll have to deal with it.

Got the photos, they look real good. I really didn't care what color the truck was the day I bought it, but I'm really starting to like that red in the photos I see.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks like fun!!

Whats your guess at what the representation was by brand (GM%, Dodge%, Ford%)?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dodge.......50%

Furd........20%

GM........30%

This is my observation. Probably 40-50 trucks total for the whole day. Alot of Dmax's showed up late to even the score alittle. Not many D-max's lost. They ran the tree elimiation style and a Dmax just edged out that 12.9 @ 106 Dodge at the line. That was cool. The Dodge pulled 103 on that run. That sent him home. He did get fastest time though. There were quite a few trucks breaking out later in the day. Cooler temps must have been good.Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Dounds like Wisconsin is the place to be for diesel truck racing. looks fun

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy only a day after the races, and I'm having withdrawls. I know I could do better with some more practice. Also need to redeem myself. Boy this is addicting.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres a little side view of Maverick

·
Registered
351 Posts
Oh thanks Victory
....thats a good pic.

Se ya next weekend.Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really Maverick, just that's all I had to play with. I just updated my personal page last night and realized how few good pictures I had. Then I just happened to notice you in the stands and decided to have a little fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.