Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been beating on my stock trans for a while now with the E/A on 5/5 and not had a problem. Well, loaded in a hot tune tonight via EFILive and went looking for fun.:badidea: A hard roll-on from 60 against a Ford gasser did it. Was pulling away like he was standing still up to 105 or so and then trans went!:eek: Time for a Suncoast upgrade now, I guess. These trannys make some bad noises when they go over limit, don't they.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made a really loud thud before it defaulted to 3rd gear, 2000 rpm. The usual. Almost sounded like trans fell out. I have the rev limit set to 4800. Was only at 3100. Been to 133mph once, kinda scary. Cleared codes and restarted, worked just fine.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would think the down shift to 3rd gear from 5th at 105mph would make some noise!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
damn that must have sucked for that gut in the vid

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The one I posted was the oil filter mount coming unlocked by force.... force of the #8 rod :)
Yes I remember that. I was just speaking from my experience. I hope I never have the bottom end of the engine go bang. Keeps me away from the drugs.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
The vision of $$$$$$ dincing in your head

Mine did the same thing rolling into 5th gear in the Crazy Larry program :badidea: and I have never had such a gut wrenching feeling.-:t Cleared the codes and all is well. Time to start saving for the Suncoast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts