Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an otherwise brand new, but barely used 2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 20th Anniversary Model. The length is 38', dry weight 13,052, GVWR 16,600. I have a Curt Gooseneck with an Anderson Ultimate 5th. Wheel Connection to tow it. I'm glad I put airbags on my truck prior to purchasing, because the trailer puts 2600 lbs. on the rear and it did squat several inches. The Firestone bags wo
IMG-3102.JPG
IMG-3087.jpg
rked perfect. As for towing, the new truck tows like a dream. The trucks multi-view cameras, and brake control are so nice. I can't say enough great things about this new truck as a tow vehicle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
congrats and enjoy your good looking rig.
Thanks for your service!

Reactions: Bartman432

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
The new rig looks awesome! Congratulations! I like your comment on the trailer camera. I was about to pull the trigger on a 2020 and thankfully kept reading the specs and window sticker only to realize it did not have the camera system. The search goes on.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice set up, congratulation.

one question though, any clearance issues at the tailgate or side rails from the king pin? Looks like it rides pretty level and there’s good clearance above the bed rails. Congrats again and safe travels.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice set up, congratulation.

one question though, any clearance issues at the tailgate or side rails from the king pin? Looks like it rides pretty level and there’s good clearance above the bed rails. Congrats again and safe travels.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ringneks, I measured the distance between the side rails and the bottom of the 5th wheel and it's 9". That is with my hitch ball at the lowest setting of 3 heights to choose from.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First big tow was out to Lake Havasu yesterday. The temps outside were mid 90's to 104. Towing close to 15,000 lbs. and heading from Upland, CA, my route of travel was up the 15 freeway, which is the Cajon Pass, and then to the 40 freeway. The Cajon Pass is 5 miles long with the steepest portion being a 6% grade and an average of 4%. I kept the cruise control set at 62, tow haul mode on, and the truck towed beautifully. After the Cajon Pass, I bumped the cruise to 65 and it stayed like that the entire trip What I noticed right away is the engine and trans temps run much cooler than even my 2017 I had. The highest temp during the 4 hour tow, the trans hit 171 on a hill and then stayed around the 145-150 mark. The engine temp stayed between the 160 and 210 mark. The cameras this thing has for towing is great. I learned that in order to have the camera view of behind the trailer and if you want an interior view of your trailer, you need to purchase the two cameras and cable from your dealership, It's about a $400.00 option. The trucks come prep'd for this feature with the plug-in being on the left side of your rear bumper, next to the license plate. As of now, I don't really need this feature as the side cameras, tailgate, and rear camera on the truck do an incredible job. When backing into a spot, the wife does a great job with a walkie talkie. Safe towing everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts