Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I towed my 10,000 pound toy hauler this weekend for the first time on tow mode. I received two check engine codes PO-101 & PO-401. Does anyone have the list of codes so that I can find out what they were.

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
po-101 maf system performance
po-401 egr valve flow insufficient
sounds like to me that more air is going out than available to come in, and jacking with the computer, I would say your fine if they dont come back.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Probably due to your aftermarket exhaust install.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Probably due to your aftermarket exhaust install.
Ditto.
Is that exhaust a cat-back or a full replacement?
If a full replacement, codes are expected.

Fingers' stick does work on the '06. Dunno about the boost stick yet, but we can now order the original stick and an EGR blocker plate.

No codes, cleaner oil.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The exhaust is a complete turbo back, however I had the cat put back in. I have recently installed a AFE filter replacement only.

Does any one know what the exact codes were po-101 & po-401.

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
The exhaust is a complete turbo back, however I had the cat put back in. I have recently installed a AFE filter replacement only.

Does any one know what the exact codes were po-101 & po-401.

Thanks
I posted what they were in post #2 below is a copy 101 on top 401 the second one:)
po-101 maf system performance
po-401 egr valve flow insufficient
sounds like to me that more air is going out than available to come in, and jacking with the computer, I would say your fine if they dont come back.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
where can i get a list of all the codes

·
Registered
298 Posts
Take out the AFE. You are probably getting oil on your MAF from the oil in the filter. I kept getting the P0101 code until I took the MAF out and cleaned it, and put the stock filter back in.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
so can anyone tell where can i get a list of all the codes

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey cajthaml 123

with that bullydog, do you have any tranny upgrades or anything like that cus i was going to buy one and i was just wondering if it was good or not..

·
Registered
346 Posts
As long as you dont run it on Extreme- and dont drag race your truck- you are pretty safe. I have one and I love mine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have only run it performance mode. I dont't have gauges yet and from all of the post Ive read the tranny will not function properly under the extreme program. As far as the programer goes it really wakes the truck up. I went out of town last weelend and my friend has the same truck and trailer as I due and pulling grades he was to the floor and I was half throttle and got 3 more miles to the gallon. The milage is nothing to brag about though I got 9 mpg and he got 6. I don't know how these guys are getting 17 or more pulling a trailer. They must have a lighter foot than I do.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Trucks are an aerodynamic brick.
Keep the speed to 55 and you'll see a HUGE improvement.

·
Registered
63 Posts
have yall ever put it on the extreme mode at all... ohh yea and how is the black smoke out put.... i love that part of it...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
on exteme mode you will limp your trans again dizzle so extreme mode is when you have a moded trans but on a side note a guy ran his on exteme and it never limpe on him but more than likely you will limp it that is just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
TxChristopher thanks for the link just what i wanted

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I'm not noticing any more smoke than stock on performance. I have a feeling the cat is stopping it. I get some every now and then, but not often.

As far as I'm concerned, no smoke is not a bad sign.... it means that all of the fuel being put into the engine is being burned.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have never put it on extreme because I do not have the gauges, trans upgrade. I did get a tone of black soke towing up grades with my foot in it. I havn't noticed much with normal day to day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rich,

What gear are you running at 55 to 65 mph?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts