Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly city, stop and go. Still better than the E-350 it replaces (9-10mpg same driving).

Sucker gotz balls though. From 20-60, it scoots pretty good. It's raining and traction is an issue. Got sideways a couple of times tonight on wet roads. Handles well in a slide for a school bus. Very smooth and controllable.

Accuracy of DIC - DIC said 12.7. Fuel pump calculation vs. odometer = 12.6mpg. So the DIC is surprisingly accurate. DIC indicates 65mph level ground mileage at 18mpg.

#2 Diesel in SoCal was 18c cheaper than regular - 2.14/g regular, 1.96/g for #2 at Texaco.

All told, my fuel saving are about 33% over the gasser it replaces. Considering it is heavier than my current gasser, 4x4, and more HP, I'm REALLY happy.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
" 04 GMC Sierra "Big Blue" 3500 SRW CC LB 4x4 DA (no #'s yet)"

That hasn't stopped anyone before, 499.9RWHP would look real good and no one would ????? u about it

·
Registered
239 Posts
Pictures, you guys got pictures of your trucks. I love to see a SRW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
McRat,

Do me a favor and measure the height of the top of your tailgate. I'm thinking about buying a SRW but want to make sure it will fit under my 5th wheel.

thx, Mike

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will measure it tonight. Kat (Wifey) is using it today because her van is in the shop.

Pics? SURE!!

Edited by: McRat

·
Registered
570 Posts
MCRAT....... nice tastes!!!

LOL similar to mine, except i'm all about black!! lol!!

I love Zo's You must be one hell of a driver though... beter than my runs in Z06 runs... only 375 hp... and 11's... jeez! best stocker zo6 times i've seen so far are in the 12.4 range.... your car must be a freak or again your a great driver... congrats on the time. I'm impressed.

I see the aftermarket exhaust tips though.... hmm.... I'm wondering what you got done to that bad boy.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QuikSSilver said:
MCRAT....... nice tastes!!!

LOL similar to mine, except i'm all about black!! lol!!

I love Zo's You must be one hell of a driver though... beter than my runs in Z06 runs... only 375 hp... and 11's... jeez! best stocker zo6 times i've seen so far are in the 12.4 range.... your car must be a freak or again your a great driver... congrats on the time. I'm impressed.

I see the aftermarket exhaust tips though.... hmm.... I'm wondering what you got done to that bad boy.

The vette runs with Tuning (mine), Tires (ET Streets), and an aftermarket muffler (Corsa). Wifey runs into the high 11's also at the wheel. Tuning/Tires makes a BIG difference.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NM_Mike said:
McRat,

Do me a favor and measure the height of the top of your tailgate. I'm thinking about buying a SRW but want to make sure it will fit under my 5th wheel.

thx, Mike

Numbers:

Height at open tailgate = 37.5"

Centerline of OEM hitch = 20.25"

Height of bed at bumper = 56"

Centerline of headlights = 41"

Center line at front hooks = 17"

Dia of tires = 31"

AND 22' LONG!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
McRat,

Excellent looking truck...

Interesting numbers. 56 inches is what has been reported for the 2500HD and 3500 DRW trucks. Did you get the stock tires? What tires (make and size) does the stock truck come with.

thx, Mike

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me look. BRB.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bridgestone Duravis M773 II 265/75-16 3400lb ea @ 80 PSI "E"

Yep, 56" at closed tailgate.Edited by: McRat

·
Registered
290 Posts
that is a sweet color, interior as well, looks alot like mine expect mine is a tad more fun to park, being that my turning radius went from bad to horrible, but its worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts