Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first ever dyno run and I had a great day! It was great to meet a few other Dmax owners. The Dodge folks were real hospitable and the weather couldn't have been better. We had 4 Dmax trucks, BMDMAX, Cruz_Man, Lonewolf & myself. We were short on Duramx trucks but not on HP!

Brandon's Dad & Mom showed up too and they dynoed their sweet Buick Grand National! It easy to see where Brandon gets his sparkling clean genes from, the 20 year old Grand National looks as good or better than new and Brandon's 02 with 32K is cleaner than my 03 with 6K.

BMDMAX (Brandon) set the bar pretty high to start the day with an indcredible 515HP! That number held up most of the day til a Dodge boy ran an impressive 551HP. He'll be posting some video clips but I wanted to get the word out.

I ran a 221hp & 232HP stock then 287 HP & 298HP with the 70HP Quad tune. We couldn't get the 110HP tune to take. I kept getting a flash error. I've got an 03 with onstar and there have been some issues with the Quad on them so I'll have to get that resolved for the next time.

We hope to see more Dmaxes next time!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
MAN WHAT A DAY!!!

Guys you have NO IDEA how much fun I had today!!!!

Folks these are some JAM UP guys! The trucks were some of the nicest that I have seen. BMDmax's truck was SUWEET!! And Dmax2damax has one of the nicest 4x4's out there! The Pics do not do it justice.

Brandon was the bigdog for most of the day. He had every right to that honor! I was priviledged enough to get taken for a ride in his stacked truck...OH MAN!!
That was one heck of a ride! I need to find out what tires he uses..I am gonna buy stock

My number are almost an embarrasment compared to theirs. I have a bone stock 2003 But after today the mods are coming!

Stock was 236.9 HP

Brandon was nice enough to let me borrow a hot juice box to see how it would do. Not sure if I should thank him or cuss him. I could not get over the difference it made in the truck.

Juice Level 3 = 331.9

Juice level 4 = 369.0

Till next time yall have fun..And thanks again for the invite!!

MikeEdited by: Lonewolf867

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Good numbers guys,to dyno is a blast ......
Getting together and meeting the people on this forum has always been a great time .... I've enjoyed it immensely .... I have meet some quality people and continue to socialize daily,non diesel related also ....

Meet on guys, we like to hear all about it .....

Mac

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry I had to run out on you so early. I had just about decided to dyno my stock truck for S&G’s when my son laid down the law about going home. ( I am going to have to talk to Santa about this.) I had posted a follow-up on the original polling topic. Wow my numbers were off a little bit. BMDMAX 515. WOW!!. That must have been the run that was going on when I first got there.

Like I said in the other post sorry I had to run off. I look forward to another event. Next week it is off to Pigeon Forge for my second TT pull. Anyone want to come along? We will be staying at Creekside RV Park.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Was Bmdmax running this stack =>

"I stacked a new super secret Juice version called the UP. Then I added a tune from my programmer the CRACK 600. Then I added a pressure boost for some fuel called the SMOKER 200."

Here come the head hunters ....

Mac

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mackin,

He was stacked with a hot juice/Attitude and a Quad tuner. Man that truck is so awsome!!

The line of the day (while I was there) goes to DMAX2Damax. He tok one look at all the goodies in BMDMAX's truck and said...."you ain't married are you?"

LOL...That was VERY obvious! My wife would stroke out if I was to pop for all those goodies... Or if she "Knew about them"

Cruz, It was great to see you and meet the boss. I am hoping that next time I can bring Hunter with me. He would have had a blast.

Mike

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey Guys!

I had a great time, it was nice putting faces to the forum handles and the event went really well. David and Jeff put on a nice event and they were really happy that we got the Duramax turnout.

I have photos and tons of vids of the runs, I will work out the details to get them posted.

Best run was 515.6, backed it up with 510 and a 505 as well. I stacked the Hot Attitude / Juice 145 with the Quad 215 tune. Quad 215 was putting down mid 470's all by itself. The optical sensor was still smoked so no torque numbers for the diesels.
My runs surprised the Dodge boys pretty good. Only one 6.0 Stroke ran, he had a quad box and laid down 360.

The GN laid down 270 HP and 440 and change on the torque. Not too shabby for the 3.8L V6.

I will try to get some stuff posted tomorrow, right now I am dogged out and hitting the rack.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a challange for you GMC guys!

BMDMAX's chevy takes the high HP number with 515.6 and an ugly 03 chevy gets best of show for looks! Not even a mention of GMC in this deal, how bout it guys, can the male in you not make you want to join us if only just to compete???

Don't be offended by your obvious absence on the Garmon's Diesel Performance sign, come earn your place in the "Speed, Power & Reliability" world. Hehehe...

We had a great time but the more the merrier... if the Dodge guys can be hospitable towards us, surely we can be towards each other... join us next time, you'll/we'll be glad you did.

Lonewolf,

Careful about what you don't tell the wife, I don't want to say, "you ain't married are you?" to you!
Also, I can't remember his name, but tell us about your buddy's experience. He is definitely hooked! Does he have a handle here? Let him know it was great to meet him too. His enthusiasm was contagious, as if we need more encouragement!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey guys,

His Name is Terry. Funny story behind him and me. We were best friends in highschool. We lost touch after school he went in the Air Force,and I got married. After 15 years he walked into the bank where I was working on a computer problem. We have been catching up on alot of lost time. As for him being hooked? He has the bug BAD now!! I am still gonna have to work on him a little. He still insist on getting his wife the tahoe before he gets a DMAX, bUT he is trying to get me to get all the goodies where he can borrow my truck

I am working on getting him hooked here. I know once he gets to know alot of you guys and we get to hit a few more of these events he will come around..

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.