Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my pull with my 04.5. This thing pulls great. I'm not crazy about the auto's shifting with light pedal pressure and a load. I found that if you put your foot in it, no problem. It will shift out and not hold 3rd for long. I pulled from Birmingham Al. to Meridian Ms. and stoped for fuel. Popped the hood and checked the trans cooler and the lines were warm but not hot. That is a big plus. This auto runs cool. I don't have a trans temp gauge, but one will be installed. I would call my DMAX/ALLI and my DCTD/48RE a close race. The Dodge may have slight advantage due to the loads of torque down low. I have 3800 mi. on it now and 2000 mi are pulling 7k. That is not but half of what it can pull, but that is fine with me. My only complaint is the slight vibration from the front drive line between 65 and 80 mph. I don't much way to get around that with no way do disconnect the front wheels from the axle shafts. I can also say that the Dodge came with alot less rattles than my Chevy. The Chevy almost drove me nuts chasing the little rattles. I have no complainst about the new Dodges.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts