Diesel Place banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i like wd 40 mo betta. with the built in tube...

i dont cook with pam....or at all for that matter..

but less then 1/2 second squirts down its gullets...it can cause damage too if you hose too much fluid in there.....

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,734 Posts
but less then 1/2 second squirts down its gullets...it can cause damage too if you hose too much fluid in there.....

Or as Peg would say "down her throat hole"

Warning graphic language in this youtube vid

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rained out

Ok so i went n got some pam
Before i went to walmart after pam i pluged the block warmer in so it wouldnt b stone cold tryin to start it
Sprayed each side of the intake for 2to3 sechit the glow button for 10 sec or so and turned the key......and all i could hear was the truck crankin...n im yellin n bitchin she popped 1 time
So continued to spray and glow and crank her over. pretty sure i did it right ..spray each side of the intake for 2 to 3 sec hit the glow button and cranked for 15 sec then let the satarer cool down for 5 mins.the 4th time when i turned the key she popped, but that was it.sprayed and cranked till it got dark on me that and the batteries needed charged.
Was bumbed but happy at the same time.
Im learning something everyday about my diesel and im the 1 turning the wrench.(with yalls help of course.) I would of done sold it if not for the diesel place.
You guys make it sound as easy as tiein a tie.(something i cant do)
So im not sure what to do next.
But it rained all day today n i dont think water is my magic cure
so i decided today i was ganna wrench on my 6 year old daughters diesel.
She calls it her hemi turbo diesel
Super big thanx to all ya for the info and help.:thumb

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,600 Posts
Ok so i went n got some pam
Before i went to walmart after pam i pluged the block warmer in so it wouldnt b stone cold tryin to start it
Sprayed each side of the intake for 2to3 sechit the glow button for 10 sec or so and turned the key......and all i could hear was the truck crankin...n im yellin n bitchin she popped 1 time
So continued to spray and glow and crank her over. pretty sure i did it right ..spray each side of the intake for 2 to 3 sec hit the glow button and cranked for 15 sec then let the satarer cool down for 5 mins.the 4th time when i turned the key she popped, but that was it.sprayed and cranked till it got dark on me that and the batteries needed charged.
Was bumbed but happy at the same time.
Im learning something everyday about my diesel and im the 1 turning the wrench.(with yalls help of course.) I would of done sold it if not for the diesel place.
But it rained all day today n i dont think water is my magic cure
so i decided today i was ganna wrench on my 6 year old daughters diesel.
She calls it her hemi turbo diesel
Super big thanx to all ya for the info and help.:thumb
You are getting closer!.:thumb:
As Bigboytoys mentioned back in post #20 you're going to have a bunch of air to work out so keep trying that method.
Make sure your batteries are fully charged and ready to go and use the engine block heater.
You can also install a piece of clear fuel line on the return side of the IP to help watch for air in the fuel system.
Look in this link for info on how to install the clear line:
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/21-6-5l-diesel-engine/736442-1999-gmc-bluebird-6-5l-td-pmd-resistor-settings.html#post7305306

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,734 Posts

Hey I was in your shoes once, but thanks to the guys here at DP I have been able to get my old junk running. So I pay it forward now.

Anyhow, it's gonna take a lot of cranking and battery charging, when was the last time it ran?

You might need to crack the lines on the injectors again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanx for the reply bud. I got a couple more questions for ya.
I wanna switch my fuel lines over to the hose. I know its 3/8
and 5/16. 3/8 is the supply line and 5/16 is the return? Is that rite? And the clear hose is that 3/8?
1.What kind of hose
(Brand...psi rating...
2.How many feet do u think i will need?
3.and any harware im ganna need.
The return side isnt under pressure rite? So wont that side be cheaper being smaller and no presssure? I know the higher psi rating the price per foot goes crazy high.(If ya cant tell money is tight...really tight.)
But i can see in 4 different places on the steel lines where there leakin. And thats without pressure behind it. And i was only under there for 5 min.
Im thinkin i should fix that or else ill be bleeding the fuel system every day. Rite.
I have read so much stuff on here. So im lookin on my truck as im reading this stuff and lets just say i have started a list and damn.
And the truck was a mess when i bought it(wires hangin, hoses leakin)
I was pokin arond the forums and found that bada$$ bbq regulator presurizer for ur fuel sytem..i can do that to get the air out rite? Im all about that. Stuff i got layin around my shop.
Now my question is do u have to use a bbq regulator or can i use a external inline regulator for a air tank??cause i got like 4 of those
Got 1 bbq reg. But its only got a line in and line out no place for a guage.
N i cant thank u and everyone thats helped get me this far.
Hands down
This site is the shizzle
But yall know that already uns r the ones that put it all together and keep the old diesels rollin.

·
Administrator
15,600 Posts
and 5/16. 3/8 is the supply line and 5/16 is the return? Is that rite? And the clear hose is that 3/8?
1.What kind of hose
(Brand...psi rating...
The return side isnt under pressure rite? So wont that side be cheaper being smaller and no presssure? I know the higher psi rating the price per foot goes crazy high.(If ya cant tell money is tight...really tight.)
But i can see in 4 different places on the steel lines where there leakin. And thats without pressure behind it. And i was only under there for 5 min.
Im thinkin i should fix that or else ill be bleeding the fuel system every day. Rite.
I have read so much stuff on here. So im lookin on my truck as im reading this stuff and lets just say i have started a list and damn.
I was pokin arond the forums and found that bada$$ bbq regulator presurizer for ur fuel sytem..i can do that to get the air out rite? Im all about that. Stuff i got layin around my shop.
Now my question is do u have to use a bbq regulator or can i use a external inline regulator for a air tank??cause i got like 4 of those
Hands down
This site is the shizzle
But yall know that already uns r the ones that put it all together and keep the old diesels rollin.
In that link provided, the clear line is 1/4" and you can find it at any auto parts store in their lawnmower parts section.
It will be clear fuel line called (Tygon).
:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Legend 7 months ago was when it ran last. Left me walking on one of the hottest days we had this past summer.
Actually the day before she left me walkin, i worked on her all day dealing with the air in the fuel lines.I replaced the fuel filter and the line going into the filter and comming out of the filter. Replaced the hose on top of the IP. And the the hose that sticks up rite behind the air filter. I think it was the vaccume????
When i finished i cracked cylinder 1 to bleed air and made it to number 3 and she fired right up.
Didnt know if i was suppose to or not but i bleed the rest of the injecters with the truck running.
No problems at all it acually went pretty fast. So i left her sit n idle for bout 45 min n shut her down. Next day started rite up let her warm up a little bout 5 min. Jumped in n drove off....
I got bout 3 miles away from the house and she started sputterin and tryin to die and turned her around and started hualin *** back to get as close as i could and she said nope 2 1/2 miles from the house she layed down.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
thats why i spray a bit on the valve with wd or squirty bottle with diesel. really 2 cylinders on each side at a time generally suffices.

sounds like you possibly may have in tank issues that plugged up the feed or an ip failure. plugged return can shut it down as well.

you verified that the gear is driving the injection pump i assume?

you have psi to the ip inlet?

one bank wet and one bank dry is odd. pump is rotary distributor... but it takes quite a bit to charge the lines if they were dry from dripping out.... might be the one bank has drippy injectors or stuck or some crazy ****.

did you check and make sure the block heater was heating up the coolant?

i have ha to use my heat gun in the intake and propane before to cold/dry start.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go to the kitchen ... hear me out cause I know I sound crazy... and get the Pam cooking spray....

Hit each side of the intake for 3-4 seconds ... and glow and crank... it’ll fire... repeat till it idles!!

Pam works like ether but DON’T EVER USE ETHER!!

Yes, you have a fuel system full of air and it’ll take a bit to burp it out
Pam is awesome and actually the cooking spray is really great stuff to.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
i like wd 40 mo betta. with the built in tube...

i dont cook with pam....or at all for that matter..

I have found that some states and or stores don't carry the good WD 40 that will work, I had a can from Wally World and it was NFG, grabbed a new one Kanuckistantire ... GTG.

:bigglasse

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
1.What kind of hose
(Brand...psi rating...
Hands down
This site is the shizzle

Any diesel rated fuel line will be fine as there is less than 8 psi with a mechanical pump.

IDK how many ft of line as your the one under the truck ...

Hose clamps should be the only hard ware.

So you found my BBQ regulator eh ... slick and cheap. I think I have $3 into the whole build.

Cut a piece outa the flat grabby part so you can get fittings in, drill and tap to 1/4in NPT, rip out the check valve in the cap, thread in at least a 2in nipple and couple to the BBQ regulator, I used a chunk of fuel line, out from the reg with a air chuck end of your choice, M style in my shop ... go forth and blow out air.

:bigglasse

21 - 33 of 33 Posts