Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used '01 GMC 2500 HD D/A and came accross this forum in my travels. Looks to be alot of good information on here. I'll sit back and pay attention until I can speak intelligently or add to the conversations.
First question for any of those in the SE PA area. Anyone know of a good shop in or around the Lancaster PA area? I got a dealer warranty with the truck but want to pay someone with no vested interest to give it a good going over and give me a heads up as to any potential problem areas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welcome to the jungle!

Blake

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
welcome dutch, hope you find the site as useful as the rest of us do. there are a lot of knowledgeable members here and is a very open exchange of information.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome aboard Dutch! If it's info you want you've come to the right place.----------------------------------Phil

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Crusher. I was just down in your neck of the woods last weekend. I race motorcycles as a hobby and we were over in Birmingham at the new Barber track. Awesome, awesome facility. Hopefully will make little Talli at some point this year as well.

Thanks to everyone else. I'm sure I'll be asking about muffler grease and seat bearings here any minute now. So stay tuned...........
Edited by: Dutch110

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome Dutch! I'm right close to you, but I know of nobody independant that specializes in Dmax's. I learn most everything right here. Enjoy your truck!

Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Steve! I'm actually on the Millersville side of Lancaster so we are almost neighbors, lol. So I picked up the truck on Wendesday of last week. Ran some errands today and when I came out there was a nice big puddle of diesel in the ground under the truck. Looks to be coming from the area around the front cross member. Drove it home and let it sit. No drippage. I'm wondering if an injector stuck open, put fuel in the crankcase, and what I'm seeing is coming out of an overflow line somewhere??? Of course this might be an idiotic guess since I know very little about diesels in general. I'll also post this in the tech forum to see what feedback I can get. For now it's headed back to the dealer in the morning. Welcome to my life. I bought this truck because I blew the motor and tranny in my 3/4 ton suburban last week. SERENITY NOOOOOWWWWW!

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're not too far from me either, I'm in Bel Air, Maryland.

ROB

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Dutch110. Welcome from another dutch.
I'm still kind of new here myself too. I'm a ree-formed Dutchman now making my home in Texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dutch,
If your still looking for a good Diesel/truck garage to look over your truck, try Zimmy's Automotive in Lebanon PA. He is located on rt 322 just north of Manheim.Not to far from you. His number is 717-867-1644. He does all the Mods to diesel's in the area and services all the Ambulances and fire trucks in central PA. He is a graduate of some big diesel tech school. He is not overpriced and honest. Try him, he is really good. I live in the Annville area and use him as needed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Much thanks Lager Boy. Or is that Mr. Yuengling? lol. I'll give him a shout as I want to get some secondary fuel filtration on this bad boy ASAP.

Dutch - A REFORMED Dutchman???? I'm not sure I even want to ask. Does it involve some sort of 12 step program?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dutch110 said:
Dutch - A REFORMED Dutchman???? I'm not sure I even want to ask. Does it involve some sort of 12 step program?

Make that 15 steps.
Only took me about 10 years and $50.000 to become a citizen of these here United States.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts