Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what mileage should i do my first change and can i change to synthetic or wait a few thousand miles.
Iknow this has alot of opinions but its certainly worth discussion.
Thanx:)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
try and use the search button but you can change your oil when ever you like it is up to and can change to synthetic when ever also

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
You can do a search on this subject, there are a a lot of views by a different guys and what they think. I personally change mine every 3 thousand miles . But to eachs own as you will see in the search

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Hey,

dmaxalliTech did a real nice maintenance write up ( recommended schedule. ) . if you do a search, it should come up. Also, have a look through the maintenance forum, it may be I there!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
followed my dic gage(if ya have one) 35% was close enough for me...took it to the stealership??!!
pocket drained $$65.00 though!:eek: ..good for another 6-8 mos.:eek::

·
Registered
230 Posts
For me, every 3000 for the first 12000; every 4000 thereafter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i change my oil by the hourmeter. ususally ever 100 hours on oil. (this comes to about 3500 miles on reg oil), not synthetic.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
what i dont understand is why the DIC goes to 10k when it should be done in less then that or is the DIC right and we are just crazy

·
Registered
4,850 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
I talked to a Royal Purple rep and he said not to switch to synthetic till after 10k miles because the rings will not seat properly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to a Royal Purple rep and he said not to switch to synthetic till after 10k miles because the rings will not seat properly.
Ya know , i would think that, ihave heard that come up more than once on all kinds of automotive sites. I think i will just hang loose on that and make quite a few changes before i even consider it.
Royal Purple is great stuff ,i run that in my Cobra and will probly put it in my others gassers.
Thanx for the reply
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts