Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it may not be a real kill but it felt like one. I was on my way to the local Hooter's and noticed headlights coming up fast behind me. came to a red light and saw it was some fast and furious clunker. so i decided what the heck i'll wait and see what he does. he started inchin up and when the light turned he took off. well i went for it, once the back end stopped being squirrly, I got some traction and took off. caught up to him and he dropped gears and tried to take off at that point i said f' it and slammed it. let's just say all i saw were his headlights gettin smaller in the rear view. i know i'm only stock but my friends constantly bash me for gettin a diesel. so i did it as a reminder. I felt better.

Another thing is my frat brother has been blowing himself about his dodge charger daytona. well we left hooters and when we both got on the highway, i was behind him, we both punched it. I ended up flying bye him at 96mph. i later called him and he said he didn't want to hurt anything becuz it only has 1000 miles on it, but he did say my truck hauls ass.

Again my truck isn't like half of the guys on this site but it felt really good to just hammer it and see what it does. I was a sceptic at first but never again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What I enjoy even more is that fact that we sit up so much higher, so we can see things up the road...like police cars. I had one of those fast and furious weed-eaters pull out behind me the other day. When I got to the red light he lined up next to me and revved it up. To play I gave it a little to put out a little smoke. He bit!! He took off the line and I just did a normal accel. There was the good old city cop sitting in the fifth third bank lot about a half block ahead. The cop pulled out behind me, passed me, and pulled over our little weed-eater friend. I think I laughed loud enough he could hear me when I passed by. ):h

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I enjoy even more is that fact that we sit up so much higher, so we can see things up the road...like police cars. I had one of those fast and furious weed-eaters pull out behind me the other day. When I got to the red light he lined up next to me and revved it up. To play I gave it a little to put out a little smoke. He bit!! He took off the line and I just did a normal accel. There was the good old city cop sitting in the fifth third bank lot about a half block ahead. The cop pulled out behind me, passed me, and pulled over our little weed-eater friend. I think I laughed loud enough he could hear me when I passed by. ):h
Now THAT is funny right there...I don`t care who ya are!!:funnypost

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Similar story. My father's friend had a boss that was really into his car. (this was back in the 1960's) The boss was always talking about how fast his car was. My father's friend went from one jobsite to where his boss was working. They didn't have cell phones back then, and the boss was needed at the other site.

My father's friend challenges his boss to race back. The boss bites and takes off in a big hurry. My father's buddy just drove the speed limit. Boss man gets pulled over at the speed trap that my father's friend had seen earlier.

I imagine things were a little akward once the boss got back to the site.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
stock or not.. I hate those things. Nice kill! OMG Joispoi that video link is awesome!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had my first kill a few weeks ago...

I was on the clover leaf on ramp. I usually go slow around the corners, and then accellerate as the turn runs out. This guy in a BMW X5 was riding me the whole way around the ramp. As soon as the ramp merges with the highway, he tries to ghetto sweep across two lanes to pass me. I get into the throttle as I see him doing this, and I left him there. He must have felt stupid not being able to kill a chevy diesel with his yuppy SUV.

...he sped up later and passed me as he hit the off ramp, only to show me the 4.4 tag on the back, he spent the extra money on the V8 and still had nothing to show for it.

And my chick was hotter than his too!

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.