Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i noticed this in another thread but i didn't want to hijack it. the ground strap that goes from the firewall to one of the engine heads. does it attach to the driver or passenger side head? i can't seem to find it on my truck so its probably not there. can i take a ground strap and just screw it into the firewall and onto any stud on the engine block? i was thinking of attaching it to the stud where the aux grounds are. will that work?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Doesn't matter as long as it's there, period.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You should see all the extra grounds I put on my truck. You can never have too many grounds. I hate the sheet metal screw grounds on the fender and radiator support. So I welded 1/8" thick steel tabs with a hole in them and bolted the grounds, then painted black. I ran a ground from the pass side battery to the firewall. Another from driver side engine to firewall. Another from pass side rear head to firewall along with the frame ground. Another frame ground from the driver side head. Go nuts with grounds, it sure won't hurt anything. The more the merrier.
Ted

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
look in the ground FAQ thread, it has pics wherre they go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts