Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i hooked up the New Firestorm led lightbar from plasmaglow to dad's new 08 lmm. It is all sorts of messed up. Anybody else have one or know of someone I could contact besides plasma glow. The sheet with the lightbar says to hook the Brake light wire up to the truck. New truck does not have a dedicated brakelight wire. So we wired it up to the tail light wire. So here's the problem.

No lights on on the truck= no red leds
Lights on=red leds
No lights on + right or left turn on= Right or left turn strobing only halfway
Lights on+ right or left turn on= right or left turn strobing all the way across.
Lights on+ R or L turn on + brake= Opposite R or L turn going halfway
In reverse white led's are fine.
Lights on + hazards on = All red led's blinking and no amber leds' from the turn signals.

We hooked it up the way the sheet said except for the "brake Light" wire on the light bar. we hooked it up to the Brown "tail Light" wire on the truck. We tapped into the trailer wire harness to do this. Any info or help would be appreciated. It kinda looks retarded with the wrong signal blinking!

Ryan

·
Registered
940 Posts
did u try unhookin the brake wire, gotta good ground?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ground is good. The brake has to be hooked up for the red Led's to come on and we tested it on another wire and it didn't work at all. i don't think this thing is made for the new 08's. They have dual lights on the back.

hey Dustin good to see you back!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try reading the customer review section of the link in the following, it may giveyou some insight to your problem read the whole thing it may help. Good Luck! I have the fire and ice version and am not happy some leds are not working already. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx/partfamilyid/2910

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the Fire and Ice on mine and love it. Works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The lead that says +12 brake is really the +12 for/from the running lights, the brake light and turn lights work just like any trailer lights unless you have separate turn lights.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lead that says +12 brake is really the +12 for/from the running lights, the brake light and turn lights work just like any trailer lights unless you have separate turn lights.
Yeah Turn lights are seperate. One for each turn light and then one for reversve, brake, power and ground. I think the turns need constant power b/c of the way they strobe across the back.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Didn't have a 4 way plug with a white wire for reverse? My Fire and Ice did, I just connected the white wire to the backup light and plugged in the the 4 way plug. Worked fine. I then bought the adapter to add a 4 way behind the bumper and plugged everything in. Works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts