Diesel Place banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’d suggest bump up the psi a little at a time when loaded.
Maybe start at 25 then go from there, until your satisfied.
My car hauler had about the same tongue weight I ran about 50 psi.
I’m looking for ride stability better front steering control over being level.

No less than 5psi is recommended when empty not only for the rides sake, so if 7-8 is good for you, then stay at those settings.
For anyone questioning the minimum, it’s because air has moisture which will help bags longevity, less chance of them cracking inside out.

I’ve mentioned this before, I have the AirLift Load Controller II which has a 5 psi solenoid in-line so it will always maintain no lower than 5psi.
Unless a leak shows up, then the air pump will just continually run until you pull the fuse, then fix the leak.
Okay, I'll try a higher PSI next time I haul. I've long since lost the instructions, and didn't want to put too much PSI in the bags for fear of rupturing them.

I know if there's 15 PSI in while the truck is empty, the ride is harder.

I always figured the minimum PSI was to keep the bags from pinching between the coils.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
There good for up to 100 psi, the pinching part is also a minor concern.
I usually run 60-80 psi in mine, 80 gets the rear up a little higher so my headlights aren't shinning in the trees.:eek:
It's also a good idea when someone jacks up the rear to make sure the jack is under the axle, if you don't know.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Those of you with AirLift bags and a 5th wheel hitch, did you have to drill into the frame for the self tapping bolts?
You must of lost your instructions?
It is clearly written in the instructions. You must of missed it.

For trucks that have fifth-wheel hitch brackets alongside the frame rail:
1. There are holes in the middle of the bracket just forward and behind the jounce bumper mounting cups on the upper bracket (Fig. 1). Once the upper brackets are in position, drill two 5/16” holes through the bottom of the frame using the holes as a template and attach the upper brackets using the self-tapping screws (K). Torque all four fasteners to 15 lb.-ft. (20Nm).
https://www.airliftcompany.com/content/manuals/MN-1051.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those of you with AirLift bags and a 5th wheel hitch, did you have to drill into the frame for the self tapping bolts?
You must of lost your instructions?
It is clearly written in the instructions. You must of missed it.

For trucks that have fifth-wheel hitch brackets alongside the frame rail:
1. There are holes in the middle of the bracket just forward and behind the jounce bumper mounting cups on the upper bracket (Fig. 1). Once the upper brackets are in position, drill two 5/16” holes through the bottom of the frame using the holes as a template and attach the upper brackets using the self-tapping screws (K). Torque all four fasteners to 15 lb.-ft. (20Nm).
https://www.airliftcompany.com/content/manuals/MN-1051.pdf
Nope; didn’t lose my instructions, never had any to begin with- I haven’t bought anything yet. I did look them up online; the same ones you linked to. Guess I asked a question I already knew the answer to, but I guess I’m just a bit timid drilling a hole in my brand new baby- silly, I get it. Looking underneath there; even with the factory 5th hitch, I don’t see another way- at least with the AirLift bags.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts