Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again everyone for the help. I did install my air system on Saturday
, it included a Firestone compressor, air bags, and remote fill station with 3 gallon holding tank. I also customized my overhead attitude mount to install the pneumatic switch, went from a 2 guage pillar to a 3 guage pillar and installed a 150 psi Autometer air gauge to match my boost and egt.

Thats the fun part but here is my problem, I used some ferrul fittings since every fitting I needed didn't come with the kit due to customizing it. When I turned on the air system for the first time all of the ferrul fittings where leaking air because the ferruls went on sideways and crimped the line. So I brushed that off and went to the hardware store and bought all new quick connects or push-to-connects, everything there sealed up fine.

Aired the bags up to 70# and let it sit for 10 hours and still lost 50# of air in just that time.
Rechecked every fitting, quick connect, bags, all connections in the cab with soapy water, and showed no leaks.

Has anyone had this problem and what would be anyones suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Temp Change?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Did you check the tank and all fittings outside too?

Do you have a check valve installed after the compressor? The air could be leaking back into the compressor and past the valves and rings and draining that way.

Good Luck Diesel Dragon

·
Registered
617 Posts
Check your pressure indicator also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help so far. All that has been mentioned has been checked, rechecked, and checked again. As for the temp. change that is a good point but should not be responsible for 50# of air loss in a 10 hour period. I am at wits end with this air system install.

Thanks Again,

Matthew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts