Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the best way was to wire in the fingerstick. i was actually curious if i could get some more gm connectors and make my own little harness so i can plug in and unplug the fingerstick easily. Not sure if that would work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
connectors are not an option. many looked and none found.

I just took the insulation off the wires and twisted the finger stick wires on. For one wire that needed cutting, I twisted the wires together. Little #33 and your set. I did tuck things in a loom.

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, so there is no way around it. you need to splice huh. is there a way the dealer can tell it is there, or not if i hide it in the loom.

·
Registered
167 Posts
According to the install guide the dealer cannot detect the stick with the Tech II. The only way he will know its there is if its out in the open. I just ran a 1" loom from the MAF to the big interesction of wires up by the intake and put all the wires inside, stick and all. Its not the "factory" look, but I doubt that anyone will notice the bigger loom size, especially cause everytime I take it to a dealer it seems I know more about my truck then they do.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahaha, i hear u there. It usually seems the same for me too. thanks that sounds like what i will do then. I will hide it somewhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
After installing my re-engineered, second generation Booststick, my truck still barks... I removed the EGR block plate and the Fingerstick when it got towed in with a bad injector harness. It was a real hassle frantically removing stuff under the hood while waiting for the dealer tow truck to arrive. If my wife or daughter had been driving alone, it would have gone to the dealer with the mods installed. That would not have been good. So, I can't use the improved Booststick unless I re-block the EGR, and reinstall the Fingerstick. I'm pretty reluctant to do that with the real possibility it may one day again return to a Chevy dealer on a flatbed... Fortunately, the Edge EZ is removeable in about 30 seconds. The Booststick is too, but the Fingerstick is not. Suggestions or a solution?

Ed

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
A clean install and the FS will never be noticed by the dealer. The blocker plate is the same way. There is, like with any mod left ont the truck, some risk. Just like having an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Get some of that original GM nylon wire loom covering to cover additional wires.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the bottom line...

solder all your connections to be reliable and worry free...:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
The advantage of soldering shows up when the individual strands of the twisted pairs of wire begin to oxidize on the surface. This increases the resistance between the surfaces and decreases both the voltage (larger voltage drop) and the current flow. This is the cause of the same complaint to GM about with their battery terminal connections. So should we solder the battery connections at the terminal? - No, but like vehicle starting problems, that would be a good troulbleshooting start point. In defense of the twisted pair folks, the same oxidation problem occurs even within the connector plugs of the wiring harness all throughout the vehicle. Gold plated connectors are use in aircraft - read $$$ - GM would never do that in a mass production.

(I have posted this elsewhere)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts