Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey boys and girls,

So I've got a quick question I'm installing a new up pipe on the passenger side to get rid of the third leg. I'm also going to install a finger stick and I had a question. I see that the egr motor has to be plugged in, but does it need to be installed into the egr casting? I figure if it's plugged in that's all that matters, but looking for confirmation. Just need this to work until I can get efi live.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, it doesn't have to be installed. I read somewhere on here that a guy had his EGR motor just zip tied under the hood because he removed the EGR completely.

I've also heard that the engine can sometimes cause the EGR valve to open even when the EGR motor is not attached or not trying to open. So you should cap any openings on the EGR casting to prevent any unfiltered air from getting into the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mobbster! I did cap the egr cooler and installed a ppe lb7 pipe. Gonna save up and do the y bridge in the future then I'll do the zip tie until i can efi live this beast. Fingerstick is currently working like a charm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Mobbster! I did cap the egr cooler and installed a ppe lb7 pipe. Gonna save up and do the y bridge in the future then I'll do the zip tie until i can efi live this beast. Fingerstick is currently working like a charm.
where can you get a finger stick now. If I do an egr delete can i get an refi live tune anywhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly at the price point for efi live i'd just buy it and program yourself. I have no idea as to where you should go since it's dependent on where you live. As for fingersticks just search the forum they're easy to find.

Reactions: 07classic hd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly at the price point for efi live i'd just buy it and program yourself. I have no idea as to where you should go since it's dependent on where you live. As for fingersticks just search the forum they're easy to find.
Did you do your lb7 up pipe yourself? Thinking i may tackle it soon. Hard to find guys to do it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did. My truck has 227k on it and I had no bolts break, but thanks to covid I had time to do it. You need lots of pen lube and patients. I did the tighten and loosen methods after showering with pen lube.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did. My truck has 227k on it and I had no bolts break, but thanks to covid I had time to do it. You need lots of pen lube and patients. I did the tighten and loosen methods after showering with pen lube.
thanks. maybe ill give it a go. Did you see good improvement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I have noticed a little quicker throttle response, but to me it's about longevity. I just need my truck to last to 1 million miles. I can't afford these new 80k diesels, by then hopefully i've saved enough for another motor rebuild and trans rebuild.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly, I have noticed a little quicker throttle response, but to me it's about longevity. I just need my truck to last to 1 million miles. I can't afford these new 80k diesels, by then hopefully i've saved enough for another motor rebuild and trans rebuild.
I heard that. Mine is in great shape and has 236k. I plan to build on this one and prob keep for my tow rig. Want a newer 10 speed in a few years but not sure I want to pay for one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts