149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

Part #1 Can be read here:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61719

Part #2 Can be read here:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61825

Now, on with the story:

I had some time today to work on the truck and here is the plan...

Going to remove all the connectors and strip and soder the wires...I was still getting codes which would over time trip the SES light, ever since I gutted my CAT when I installed my Turbo Back MBRP System last month...

There were questions regarding my installation, so I am going to do it "by the book" so we can determine wether or not the Finger Stick DOES in fact work for the LBZ...

So on with the "Simone Finger LBZ Beta Installation, Part #3"

Here is my handywork now...

All connections were stripped, then dabbed with Soder...I took PICS of everything...

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the codes I was getting, and here is proof that I did clear them after the installation...

And here is a picture of my new Race Bike...Almost got it ready... :)

I'll report back if I get any codes...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That's weird how some trucks get codes and some don't. I straight piped my truck and have not got any codes yet, knock on wood. I thought that I would especially since it is a ca truck.

Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought the finger stick on my 06 was a success until..

I drove from Dallas to Houston and back this weekend and BAM. P0401 code, along with a P0540 and P064<- (whatever that is).

I have soldered all the connections and the "blue" wire goes to the brown/white on the EGR sensor.

Tooling around town it seems to keep the code from tripping the SES light *as often*, and, maybe that a perception, but, we're not having any joy with it now.

I would say, at least for me, it failed on my 2006 LLY with the 32bit Bosch ECM (like the LBZ's)

Fingers old pal- Where do I send it back for a credit?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Extraktor

I didn't know you raced unicycles to that's nuts.:lol: ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have serious doubts that the stick will work on the 06's...

When I was re-doing my work, I checked all my scotch lock connections and they all had good connections...

Perhaps we shouldn't be tapping the brown/white wire, but perhaps another wire in the EGR Plug...

I don't know...I'll check it again tommorow...No codes yet...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have serious doubts that the stick will work on the 06's...

When I was re-doing my work, I checked all my scotch lock connections and they all had good connections...

Perhaps we shouldn't be tapping the brown/white wire, but perhaps another wire in the EGR Plug...

I don't know...I'll check it again tommorow...No codes yet...
I soldered the MAF, power and ground connections and i scotch locked the egr because i got lazy. Solder them up if you can it may help.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
:confused: I have been running around with just a 4" front pipe(no cat, no muffler, just the peice that many call a "downpipe" but it really isnt) Think I have close to 1k miles with a mix of highway and city driving. Plenty of WOT runs. Havent gotten a CEL(havent scanned to see if there are any hidden codes)

Seems some trucks get pissy and some dont???

Are you otherwise stock except for exhaust? Are you running a stock program?

·
Registered
31 Posts
:confused: I have been running around with just a 4" front pipe(no cat, no muffler, just the peice that many call a "downpipe" but it really isnt) Think I have close to 1k miles with a mix of highway and city driving. Plenty of WOT runs. Havent gotten a CEL(havent scanned to see if there are any hidden codes)

Seems some trucks get pissy and some dont???

Are you otherwise stock except for exhaust? Are you running a stock program?
It doesn't seem to matter what program I run. It throws the P0401 code pretty quick, but, it doesn't kick in the SES light right away. It takes a bit of driving around (long haul that is) BUT if I fill up the tank, whamo. It'll kick the code again and that's enough to turn on the SES light.

I put on a new 4" exhaust on (custom deal) with a magaflow hi-flow muffler.

Regardless, the Bosch ECM definitely is looking for a different signal. I ordered the PPE code blocker. We'll see what happens with that part next!

Just as an FYI-- I silver soldered everything, used a VOM to test every connection, so I definitely hooked it up someway (rightly isn't applicable here).

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I have fueled quite a few times while leaving the engine running.

EGR intact? CAT?

Just trying to get some idea on when and how these codes are tripping to get an idea of a fix.

Who else is or isnt throwing codes and under what condidtions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Codes yet...One day and about +100 Miles on the ODO

Driving the same, so we will see...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hmmm, maybe it works after all. I have gotten a light, but it was when I unplugged the egr. I expected it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm, maybe it works after all. I have gotten a light, but it was when I unplugged the egr. I expected it.
Don't jump to quickly...Last time I installed the Stick it took a few hundred miles to trip a silent code...

I don't have a heavy foot in the truck...

I'll make it a point to pull the Toyhauler in the next day or so to really test it out..

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but I'll be sure to keep a close watch on this thread.

Thanks for your effort and for keeping us informed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ratlover, i put mbrp 4" exhaust on my '06 lly with no cat and didnt throw any codes at all, when i blocked my egr the check engine light came on when i started the truck the 2nd time. i have the power pup and it will clear the code and then it will come back after i start the truck 2 more times. (po401) thats the best i can tell ya bout mine. and thanx to everybody trying to figure this thing out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

350 Miles since I re did my work, and no codes...No SES and no Silent Codes...

Going to be towing the 5th wheel this weekend, so I'll report back... :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I got mine in the mail today. Your report makes me feel a little more confident about installing it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just installed the MBRP 4" catless front pipe in front of my MBRP 4" catback tonight. No light yet. Did plenty of WOT runs. Power Pup should be here tomorrow and it will definately get run hard tomorrow night. :) Hopefully the light stays out!!! -Mat-

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey guys thought i would chime in. I am running stock front pipe but without the cat, into dual 5inch stacks. Have about 1000 miles on it so far and no check engine light.-ty-

1 - 20 of 34 Posts