Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:

DAMN IT...Got codes and SES Light today...I rechecked EVERYTHING and all wires and connections are still good...

The code I get is P0401...

NOW, I was not getting this code until I towed my 5th Wheel today...Sure the engine is going to be working harder, but darn it...

Fingers...Has anyone other than me installed on a LBZ? What do you recommend I try now?

Time to turn this into a Fingers offical Beta install... :grd:

Would not having the EGR Blocked cause the stick not to work correctly?

Advise Please... :D

Original Thread:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61719

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
The connection to the EGR is suspect. Remove and reinstall. That is one of the problems with the scotch lock splices.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connection to the EGR is suspect. Remove and reinstall. That is one of the problems with the scotch lock splices.
You talking about the wire that is Blue/White that is now Brown/White? You want me to re-tap it?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You talking about the wire that is Blue/White that is now Brown/White? You want me to re-tap it?
Yes. Even in the same place would be fine. The wires are very thin and do not always make good contact. Very common problem unfortunatly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll do it right now, and report back :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
damm, I had hopes it would work, keep us posted I'm just itchin to kill that cat):h

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
The FS does not work then not work. All or nothing. Almost always a bad connection. I see a soldering iron in the future....

·
Registered
93 Posts
i hope it works i just orderd one this morning

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I am back...

Still getting Codes...I have checked all the connections again...It looks like I am getting a good connection on all wires...

Fingers can you offer any more suggestions?

For the wires that you just "Tap" into, what else can you use vs. the crimp connectors I have used...

Can you confirm that it does work on the LBZ, or am I the first to try? (I think I am the first :) )

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
One of the first. First to post. Did you clear the codes?

·
Registered
71 Posts
extrax, you need to solder the connections, I tried the scotch loks and got weird performance and a p1093 code. Solder, solder, solder.

chucker

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
What he said

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see a soldering iron in the future....
Ok, so in order to Solder everything, I will need to cut all the wires correct? Rather than just tapping into them with the scotch connectors?

Cut all, and then solder them all?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You can just strip off the coating, wrap the wire around the truck wire and then solder and tape up with a good electrical tape or a sealing tape. I recommend the 3M super 33+ for a good electrical tape.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can just strip off the coating, wrap the wire around the truck wire and then solder and tape up with a good electrical tape or a sealing tape. I recommend the 3M super 33+ for a good electrical tape.
Ok, I will work on it tommorow...

Thanks all and I will report back ASAP...

Damn Quick Connects -:t:badidea::lol:

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I hate say I told you so but.... :D

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
You can pull the scotch lock apart and then strip the insulation off with an exacto knife or the like. Then I stick the exacto knife into the wires that I am splicing into and seperate them into 2 groups and make what looks like the eye of a needle. Thread the wire that I'm going to spice into that into the eye and wrap the excess down and around to close the eye. You want the wires touching good and no gaps ect when you go to solder. Use rosin core solder or solder with flux, dont use acid core solder. A small soldering iron will work for these thin wires. If you havent soldered before practice on some spare wires. It looks real easy but it does take a bit of practice to get good.

Oh.....and dont use electrical tape to seal it. Use dielectric tape, self vulcanizing, the liquid tape stuff, heat shrink(with the glue stuff inside, radio shacks heat shrik isnt good IMO for outside connections). If you want to wrap that in electrical tape aftawards to protect it then go for it but electrical tape dont seal for chit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
. . . Use rosin core solder or solder with flux, dont use acid core solder..
Ditto on the solder w/flux. The flux will help the solder flow and form a nice solder connection before the wire gets to hot to hold with your fingers.):h

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok...

I am going to be busy with work this week, so I am going to have to wait to play with it this weekend...

I report back ASAP...Sorry to keep you all hangin'... :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
any more info on whether or not this is gonna work?

1 - 20 of 213 Posts