Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my Finger Stick installed today...I have cleared all my codes and I am going to test over the next few days to make sure it was a total success...

The 1st Pic here is the EGR Plug...The directions say the the lowest Passenger Wire is the EGR Wire that you must tap, that is blue w/ a white strip...As you can see on the LBZ it is now Brown w/ a white strip, so I went ahead and tapped this wire...

The next pics shows the Wires to the MAF Sensor...

These wires all look the same, so this part of the directions are also the same...

Pink to Red, Grey to Grey and Yellow to Yellow...Pretty simple...

This next Pic is the Yellow wire from the Harness to the Yellow/Green wire on the Stick...

Here are the final two pics with the wires covered...

****Now before you all start flaming me for my finish work, this is tempoary...I want to make sure it works ok, before I totally button it up...Then it will be nice and neat in some Wire Loom...

Now, as far as the block plate goes...I think I am going to need some Air Tools to get back there...Next weekend :lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cant wait for results, about time someone stepped up to the plate!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Actually I like the blue tape. Looks real nice:D

A flex head 3/8 socket should get back there for the plate. That is what I used on my 04.5.

Was this a Fingers sanctioned beta? Or did you say what the hey?

Jim

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Quick connectors -:t

I recommend you get rid of them before they cause you problems down the road.

Also can I mail you some black electrical tape please. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quick connectors -:t

I recommend you get rid of them before they cause you problems down the road.

Also can I mail you some black electrical tape please. :)
You did read it was temporary right? -:t

Big deal a couple days with connectors isnt going to hurt ****... :blahblah:

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You did read it was temporary right? -:t

Big deal a couple days with connectors isnt going to hurt ****... :blahblah:
Yes I read it was temporary (tape). I wasn't sure if the connectors were temporary or not. I'm just trying to help you out, no need to get defensive. Lots of people don't know that temporary connectors are nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, yes I plan on cleaning up the install with Soder and Heat Shrink Tubing...Next weekend....

I just put a quick 45 Miles on the Truck and I did not get any codes...I would have normally gotten one silent code by now, so things are looking good...

I'll keep posting results, but after 3-4 Days I think we will all know if the install was a 100% success...

Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was this a Fingers sanctioned beta? Or did you say what the hey?

Jim
Nope, I said what the hey...But Fingers said if it didn't work I could send it back...So...It's really a no lose for everyone :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Always have had a no questions asked return/replacement policy.

I am excited to hear it worked for you. Many thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mike,

So, you don't have the EGR blocked yet, but HAVE removed the cat?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Fingers, I'm going to wait till extrakt0r has confirmed that after a few days there are still no codes thrown. If its a success and I ordered the Finger Stick from you, will it come with detailed instructions on how to install it? Will the instructions be the same for the '06 LBZ as it is for older models? Do you sell the block off plates for the '06 LBZ? Lastly, is this mod only for cat removal or for removing the EGR as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike,

So, you don't have the EGR blocked yet, but HAVE removed the cat?
That is correct...I have installed a MBRP Turbo Back system...I started getting codes after the installation...Which after a few days would then throw the SES light...

I do have the blocker plate but did not have the proper tools to install...Or I am just a wussie :lol:

I will be installing the blocker plate next weekend...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fingers, I'm going to wait till extrakt0r has confirmed that after a few days there are still no codes thrown. If its a success and I ordered the Finger Stick from you, will it come with detailed instructions on how to install it? Will the instructions be the same for the '06 LBZ as it is for older models? Do you sell the block off plates for the '06 LBZ? Lastly, is this mod only for cat removal or for removing the EGR as well? Thanks.
06DMAX:

The instuctions that came with the Stick are for the older version DMAX's 4.5-5...

The ONLY difference was the color of the EGR Wire which has changed from "Blue w/ a White Line" to "Brown w/ a White Line" Everything else is 100% the same...

As far as the blocker plate...It is very very difficult to get to on the LBZ...I could not get it off with my normal hand tools, so I am going to try Air Tools next weekend...

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
extrakt0r, where did you purchase your Finger Stick and block off plate? Is this for a '06 LBZ? How much for each?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Fingers, if indeed it does turn out to be a success, how do we know that he just didn't get lucky and that it won't work on someone else's truck? I say that because I've read people removing their cat and some do get codes and some don't. We're talking about one person, not several people to really say it will work for a LBZ. Laslty, if the results do come out positive, does this mean you will skip making one for the LBZ? I thought I read that the '06 LBZ had different computers than previous years.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I purchase the Finger Stick and Blocker Plate as a combo package from Kennedy Diesel...They are a Forum Vendor...

I don't think it is a matter of "getting lucky" from my understanding of the stick it is just a transisitior of some sort that changes the voltage to whatever the MAF needs to see and fool it into thinking the CAT is still there...

I would have to say that if it will work for one, it will work for all provided the unit isn't faulty/installed wrong...

Plus, Fingers has a 100% money back guarantee, so no worries really...

·
Registered
120 Posts
THANKS ! FOR TAKING THE CHANCE WITH YOUR LBZ!

This great info and those EGR are going to clog the intakes up reducing performance over the life of the truck. Great info and keep us posted on installing EGR blocker plate.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
06DMAX:

The instuctions that came with the Stick are for the older version DMAX's 4.5-5...

The ONLY difference was the color of the EGR Wire which has changed from "Blue w/ a White Line" to "Brown w/ a White Line" Everything else is 100% the same...

As far as the blocker plate...It is very very difficult to get to on the LBZ...I could not get it off with my normal hand tools, so I am going to try Air Tools next weekend...
Gentle application of heat will help loosen the nuts. Find a wrench that gives you good purchase and then heat the nuts. You can just let the engine get them warm for you, but it can get uncomfortable. :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Fingers, if indeed it does turn out to be a success, how do we know that he just didn't get lucky and that it won't work on someone else's truck? I say that because I've read people removing their cat and some do get codes and some don't. We're talking about one person, not several people to really say it will work for a LBZ. Laslty, if the results do come out positive, does this mean you will skip making one for the LBZ? I thought I read that the '06 LBZ had different computers than previous years.

The only concern was that the MAF and or EGR position sensor were different on the LBZ. They are not. I just didn't want to claim it would work before it was actually installed.

I have an unconditional return/exchange policy on the FS.

·
Registered
161 Posts
...I started getting codes after the installation...Which after a few days would then throw the SES light...

sorry to get off topic, but what do you mean by getting codes, but no lights?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts